theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Any one used Tap Air? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1179281)

tocpe321 28 Aug 20 06:27 PM

Any one used Tap Air?

Has anyone used Tap Air and what was your experience of them? They've got reasonable prices via Lisbon, but reviews don't seem great. Didn't know if this is a, "only review if not happy" bias.

Thanks.

Melbatb 28 Aug 20 06:59 PM

We flew with TAP 2 years via Lisbon to Boston. It was fine. Lisbon is an easy airport to transit. I would happily fly with them again.

tocpe321 28 Aug 20 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbatb (Post 14628522)
We flew with TAP 2 years via Lisbon to Boston. It was fine. Lisbon is an easy airport to transit. I would happily fly with them again.

Many thanks.

400ixl 28 Aug 20 07:16 PM

Friend uses them to visit family on Lisbon. Says they are a budget airline and as long as you take that into account they are pretty good and he has no complaints.

tocpe321 28 Aug 20 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400ixl (Post 14628543)
Friend uses them to visit family on Lisbon. Says they are a budget airline and as long as you take that into account they are pretty good and he has no complaints.

Cheers. That's 2 out of 2 positives.

:grin:

Omega1 28 Aug 20 10:42 PM

We’ve flown Manchester to Lisbon on TAP and they were fine. We were due to fly from Rio to Manchester with them last November but had to cancel owing to ill health. We got 60% of the fare back promptly (the rest we got on insurance), so good customer service.

tocpe321 28 Aug 20 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega1 (Post 14628767)
We’ve flown Manchester to Lisbon on TAP and they were fine. We were due to fly from Rio to Manchester with them last November but had to cancel owing to ill health. We got 60% of the fare back promptly (the rest we got on insurance), so good customer service.

Good to hear re customer service. Sorry re your poor health back then. Hope all is well.

Omega1 29 Aug 20 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tocpe321 (Post 14628780)
Good to hear re customer service. Sorry re your poor health back then. Hope all is well.

Back on track now thanks and ready to travel again - Covid permitting.

tocpe321 29 Aug 20 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega1 (Post 14628930)
Back on track now thanks and ready to travel again - Covid permitting.

Good news.

:)

soraia 30 Aug 20 09:54 AM

Yes I've used them many times both to & from London & Lisbon but also transferred through Lisbon to go to Miami and Newark.

It's worth noting it isn't a low cost carrier (eg Easyjet/Ryanair) - it is Portugal's national airline.

I've never had a problem with them - you get decent food included, the planes have recently been upgraded (and they have bought some new planes for the international routes - particularly used on the US routes) and cabin crew are friendly. I also find Lisbon very easy to transfer through as it is all in the same terminal so you never have far to go or have to faff about getting buses etc

If the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them to the US again.