theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Here now... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180907)

brody-maddison 28 Sep 20 10:04 PM

Here now...

If you're a die hard Disney fan and REALLY want to get here. It is possible.

I'm not here for a holiday although was lucky enough to go to Hollywood Studios on the weekend and have an overnight stay at the Grand Floridian.

I spent 15 nights in Istanbul and then flew direct into Miami.

Where there's a will, there's a way folks.

Food for thought, I'm sure ;)

2point 28 Sep 20 10:11 PM

With no medical insurance, no thanks.

As soon as FCO allow it, we'll be there. But even a minor injury could cost £££££.

brody-maddison 28 Sep 20 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2point (Post 14662747)
With no medical insurance, no thanks.

As soon as FCO allow it, we'll be there. But even a minor injury could cost £££££.

I have medical insurance. Like I said, I'm not here for a holiday but there are companies that will cover you.

Donaldfan 28 Sep 20 10:29 PM

There have been a few threads like this recently. It's not feasible for the majority of people who work.

disney332 29 Sep 20 06:00 AM

How fantastic and well done

What was it like?

Disney332

AMH 29 Sep 20 11:32 AM

Any jobs going with you? :P

Blue nose 29 Sep 20 01:28 PM

Fantastic. Enjoy!

Definitely medical cover available for holidays against FCO advise. I purchased some in summer from Battleface and was only £90 for family of 4 to Spain at 24 hours before.

papasmurf 2 Oct 20 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donaldfan (Post 14662756)
There have been a few threads like this recently. It's not feasible for the majority of people who work.

But I’d available for some. Maybe your bosses would mind People working from ‘home’ in Florida. Downside is that it would be a 4am start.

Bozza 2 Oct 20 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papasmurf (Post 14666529)
But I’d available for some. Maybe your bosses would mind People working from ‘home’ in Florida. Downside is that it would be a 4am start.

When we went last February for half-term - booking only a couple of weeks before we went - I didn’t tell the company I was freelancing with that I was going.

I was on the 9:30am (4:30am EST) Discord stand-up a couple of times that week, as required, and just worked shorter days.

Frankly, if I didn’t have a partner with a job and a son in school I’d do the same now, doing the two-week stopover somewhere “US safe” en route so I could enter.

2point 3 Oct 20 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papasmurf (Post 14666529)

I was told explicitly in a meeting at work this week that my contract was 'in the office' and I had to be available to work in the office every day of the week. I haven't been in since March and I need to do an induction before I can return, I can't just turn up, even to pick up personal belongings.

We have a number of Asians who work for the company that have returned to family during this working from home period and work from there without asking permission.

When I worked for Morgan Stanley one of the guys had family in Florida so he moved his family down from New York to St Augustine. He worked from home and just had to be in New York for one day every 3 months.