theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Day 15 last day London (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180075)

cartoonp 12 Sep 20 05:34 PM

Day 15 last day London

Today the last day in London I said I like to go to shepherds bush for the mall and all so to see what the tv centre looked like :d: we where out by 7 and at the centre by 8:30 most of the shops opened at 10 :erm: so We just had a walk around and waited.We had a wander and look around the shops. We then went back in to London and went to Tate Moden which was different:d: we walked along the south bank then crossed the bridge walked along the embankment to Westminster and headed back to our hotel.

Here A funny story Athough not at the time at 4 am This Morning our door opened it was A lady that screamed so sorry I thought this room was empty she closed the door and left I got up got dressed went down to reception The lady was on the desk she said so sorry. I said why did you not look on the system to see what rooms where Vacant rather then just letting yourself in to our room we could have both been naked or other please think in futher She was embarrassed but she said Emm ok.

Here some pictures

I will do A Picture Thread at the end of this Trip report

Lola 13 Sep 20 06:55 PM

I’m missing my trips to London to see DD and DSIL. They are in the City so your report of your Tate Modern and Embankment made me want to be there but over 70 so having to be careful. Maybe at Christmas

cartoonp 13 Sep 20 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola (Post 14645332)
I’m missing my trips to London to see DD and DSIL. They are in the City so your report of your Tate Modern and Embankment made me want to be there but over 70 so having to be careful. Maybe at Christmas

Hope you manger to see them

rummy63 16 Sep 20 08:24 PM

Thankyou for writing, which city did you like best Cardiff Liverpool or London?
Which city did Maria like best?
Just being nosey

cartoonp 16 Sep 20 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rummy63 (Post 14648922)
Thankyou for writing, which city did you like best Cardiff Liverpool or London?
Which city did Maria like best?
Just being nosey

Hi there like all major city’s they all have there good and bad points. I been to Liverpool many times but never got to see where the Beatles played so that was a high point all so the cat cafe and walking to little Briton in Cardiff just being there Cardiff always a high point but a low was not seeing Maria dad. London just so big so many highs and lows but over all no favourites. Maria said they where all the same but she did like London zoo:pgig: thanks for the question :)

rummy63 16 Sep 20 10:37 PM

I've never been to Cardiff but I do like Wales. In fact Llandudno is my favourite seaside resort.
London is "waay" too busy for my liking
I worked there for about twelve months in the nineties and never made one friend.

Liverpool is great and I love the scouse accent. I'm so glad you enjoyed your staycation and try to sleep a bit more.

cartoonp 17 Sep 20 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rummy63 (Post 14649116)
I've never been to Cardiff but I do like Wales. In fact Llandudno is my favourite seaside resort.
London is "waay" too busy for my liking
I worked there for about twelve months in the nineties and never made one friend.

Liverpool is great and I love the scouse accent. I'm so glad you enjoyed your staycation and try to sleep a bit more.

Hi rummy I worked in London Liverpool and liked them both London such a big city when I worked there you be lucky to see a black person or a Muslim know they seem to out number Londoners nothing wrong it that but the city is different to when I worked there well over 30 years ago. Liverpool can be such a fun city love there humour and the people I got a few frends there who I try and get to see every know and again Cardiff I been quite a few times the city of Cardiff is another city that changed over the years but never mind. We always go just to meet up with Marina dad he in his 80s know and not in the best of health as to my sleep patten:d: I got so use to getting up early for work a good few years ago I can not get back in to a normal sleep patten dose not matter where I am in the world :pgig: I still wake up same time every day if I am away then I go for a walk where ever I am in the uk it’s less often but in Vegas or Florida then I will. Many thanks for your comments xx