theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Aer Lingus October 2020 - Change Fee's (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1168129)

PixieFairies 16 Apr 20 06:04 PM

Aer Lingus October 2020 - Change Fee's
 
Like everyone, we are affected by this outbreak. Even though our holiday is booked for October we therefore dont qualify for any free changes, refunds, credit etc loss of income means no holiday in October.

I've just been speaking with Aerlingus there & for us to change our dates from October this year until next year, we will be charged over 1,200 euros ( 100 change fee per flight per person ) there are 6 of us going ( 4 kids )

We would lose 1,600 deposit if we cancelled and we cant change anything until full balance is paid anyway.

We've also lost of deposit for villa, however they have advised we can bring this over to a date for next year which is very appreciative.

We are just so gutted.

Welsh_Dragon 16 Apr 20 06:24 PM

I think that I would just do nothing and wait, so much could change between now and October. We may still be in lockdown and/ or the FCO may still have advisories in place and/or borders may still be closed. When is your deposit due?

PixieFairies 16 Apr 20 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon (Post 14402703)
I think that I would just do nothing and wait, so much could change between now and October. We may still be in lockdown and/ or the FCO may still have advisories in place and/or borders may still be closed. When is your deposit due?

Full balance due on 22nd August.

lam 16 Apr 20 08:48 PM

I empathise.
We are due to go july 20 with AL.
I paid the deposit and then stupidly paid the balance well before due date, meaning my tix are now only valid until end of October( 365 days from e-ticket issue)
If I'd left paying the balance until due date, I may have been able to change the dates to xmas or Easter or just cancelled, thereby only losing my deposit.
Expensive mistake to make!
Lesson learned.
Next time I pay balance when due and not beforehand OR just book flights as near to my departure date as possible!

PixieFairies 16 Apr 20 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lam (Post 14403042)
I empathise.
We are due to go july 20 with AL.
I paid the deposit and then stupidly paid the balance well before due date, meaning my tix are now only valid until end of October( 365 days from e-ticket issue)
If I'd left paying the balance until due date, I may have been able to change the dates to xmas or Easter or just cancelled, thereby only losing my deposit.
Expensive mistake to make!
Lesson learned.
Next time I pay balance when due and not beforehand OR just book flights as near to my departure date as possible!

I’m a little confused. When did you book & pay deposit? Then when was due date? Your ticket can be used up until October this year?

Do you know if the 100 euro change fee is each way or total for return?

Ciano 16 Apr 20 10:27 PM

We have our flights paid in full for Aug €3k. We are not going, I have cancelled everything else. I am just waiting to see what way things are by then. Ideally wouldn't mind taking a credit or refund. Hard to know what will be happening next week at the moment.

Mummys_girl84 18 Apr 20 02:07 PM

We are due to fly with Aer Lingus on 1st of September... not gonna happen so I guess our best option is to just wait and see what happens...cant really do anything anyway as we are looking to rebook for next September 2021 and flights aren't out... its the uncertainty I don't like

Ivegottadream 18 Apr 20 02:20 PM

We are in exactly the same position. What has to happen for them to agree to refund? Is it that the FCO have to say no travel?

Shkyler 18 Apr 20 06:38 PM

We are due to go 11th June, everything paid at this stage!
Still waiting to hear if they’ll extend the changes or the flight will go. The uncertainty is killing me.
6 of us as well €1200 is an awful lot of money.

newstewart 18 Apr 20 07:05 PM

We're due to fly with them on 2nd September and I am still hoping that things will have settled down by then.
I think it's a bit early to cancel, so happy to wait and see.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.