theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Need dibbers help... tartar sauce (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1187929)

Loobylou_82 30 Jan 21 12:39 PM

Need dibbers help... tartar sauce

I love fish finger sandwiches and have them often if we eat in at our local chippy or go to eat somewhere where that does them. I thought I would make them myself at home doing proper fish fingers in batter not breadcrumbs. Though I am partial to breadcrumbs ones as well!

They are not complete without tartare sauce. Can I find any in any supermarket...no . I am sure Heinz did one , can't find any tartar sauce whatsoever. Please Dibbers where can I get some from.? It is easy to make but I just don't want to do that. Help me !

megaflyer 30 Jan 21 12:41 PM

M&S sell it - near their fresh fish

Colette-S 30 Jan 21 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 (Post 14816507)
I love fish finger sandwiches and have them often if we eat in at our local chippy or go to eat somewhere where that does them. I thought I would make them myself at home doing proper fish fingers in batter not breadcrumbs. Though I am partial to breadcrumbs ones as well!

They are not complete without tartare sauce. Can I find any in any supermarket...no . I am sure Heinz did one , can't find any tartar sauce whatsoever. Please Dibbers where can I get some from.? It is easy to make but I just don't want to do that. Help me !

Amazon have it. They can also deliver it on behalf of Morrison’s

Cloverlady 30 Jan 21 12:43 PM

I actually bought two jars of it last night from Morrisons! (Have a bit of a thing for Scampi right now...)

duchy 30 Jan 21 12:45 PM

Coleman’s do one as do Ocean spray as well as Heinz .
My local Tesco’s and Asda definitely both sell it and I’m pretty sure Aldi do too.
I’m not sure why you can’t find it in a supermarket (which aisle are you looking in , think it’s usually with the mustards)
(I’m now craving a filet of fish , might make it my carb cheat of the week from Keto )

Guest 30 Jan 21 12:45 PM

Funnily enough I had a fishfinger sandwich a minute ago but had it with ketchup .
I only like homemade tartar sauce ,is that an option?
We have been struggling to get mint jelly , Tesco keep putting the date back and now it’s mid feb , my dd is bereft as that the only condiment she likes on her roast dinner 😆

fletchie148 30 Jan 21 12:53 PM

Another vote for the M&S fresh one, yum

FloridaNuts93 30 Jan 21 12:54 PM

Sainsbury’s and Tesco have it. :grin:

Bootrip2 30 Jan 21 12:55 PM

I hot some the other day from local co-op. 😀. Craving a FF sarnie now!

Bootrip2 30 Jan 21 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip (Post 14816521)
Funnily enough I had a fishfinger sandwich a minute ago but had it with ketchup .
I only like homemade tartar sauce ,is that an option?
We have been struggling to get mint jelly , Tesco keep putting the date back and now it’s mid feb , my dd is bereft as that the only condiment she likes on her roast dinner 😆

How do you make Tartar sauce please?