theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Virgin flight price question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1109447)

Grace2007 13 Dec 18 03:36 PM

Virgin flight price question

Hi, never flown with virgin so just trying to gauge flight prices. We want to fly from Manchester to MCO in October and have been looking at prices and found one that is around £777 return each. It says there are only 2 seats left at this price, does anyone know if this means the price will only increase. Don’t know whether to book now or risk waiting to see if there is a Xmas sale (we are planning our trip for the last two weeks in October). Any advice would be appreciated

Pupbelly 13 Dec 18 03:50 PM

It's a lottery but my thoughts are that it surely can't be fully booked already.
At the end of the day if it suits you and your budget book it, however there may well be sales in the New Year :confused2

loves2plan 13 Dec 18 04:10 PM

What dates are you looking at. There are lots of different fare codes for the same seats, so it's likely to mean that at present, there are 2 of that fare code available for the seats you want. Whether they'll be the bets you get or if there's a sale, or lower codes released at a later date is a guessing game really.

I do know that there's only 1 flight per day from Manchester next October at present, whereas there are usually 2, which will have an impact on availability and costs, especially if you're looking around half term.

Have you looked at Thomas Cook for your dates to compare?

Grace2007 13 Dec 18 04:27 PM

Hi, we are a bit flexible with dates looking around 15th or 17th October and need to return on the 1st nov. Just checked again a bizarrely its not saying it now. Thomas cook are dearer for the times I have been looking at. I just keep seeing people say that they wouldn’t pay more than £500 for flights out of season but it is half term (my children get two weeks off at the end of October) but I would take them out of school for a couple of days before if needed

loves2plan 13 Dec 18 04:39 PM

My budget for direct flights from Manchester in half term is normally around £650, which excluded seat booking as I always paid for that separately. The cheapest date is currently 15th October which is £688 for an adult economy classic fare, so includes seat booking. I do wonder if the single flight next year will keep prices inflated though as there will be fewer seats to meet demand. It's hard to know what to do for the best. We normally travel from Manchester too, but as I'm looking for miles seats, we've had to make the change to Gatwick for our dates next October.

headpin 13 Dec 18 09:54 PM

Try looking on the Delta site and check the flights that you want as they will offer the VS flights as a code share. They have a seat plan on their site that will normally show what seats have already been sold On those flights.

Grace2007 14 Dec 18 08:16 AM

Hi will do, thanks for the suggestion

1RGJ 15 Dec 18 08:30 PM

Just seen 15 October direct there, stop Atlanta home, £588, Travel up (lots of good reviews) have it flying with American airlines £276 each