theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Family Travel insurance including adult children? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1109448)

JudeB 13 Dec 18 04:31 PM

Family Travel insurance including adult children?

We are still waiting not so patiently to book our Virgin flights for our 3 week Florida holiday next July. Have Dibb villas booked already and was thinking about getting travel insurance sorted. This is the first time we've come across this problem as DD will be 20 when we go and DS1 will be 18. I've tried a couple of places and they will only let you get a family policy when there is a max of 2 adults. When I changed it to a group booking the prices were astronomical - like £8oo + :erm:

I wonder if I should I do two separate family bookings - 1 for DH & DD and the other for me, DS1 and DS2 (who will be 15)? Or can anyone recommend an insurance company that allows multiple adults in the one booking? We are all living at the same address, if that makes a difference.

Lisbon 13 Dec 18 05:18 PM

Are they both in full time education.
I have a current account with Nationwide. I pay £13 a month but one of the perks is worldwide travel insurance for all the family
Rob

JudeB 13 Dec 18 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisbon (Post 13604756)
Are they both in full time education.
I have a current account with Nationwide. I pay £13 a month but one of the perks is worldwide travel insurance for all the family
Rob

DD (20) will be finished her 2nd year and university and DS will be due to start university in September (currently in A-level year).

We don't have a Nationwide account, but might be worth considering. Although this will probably be the last big family holiday, at least for a few years.

macadoo 13 Dec 18 05:27 PM

Young adults still in full time education (up to 22 or 23 I think) are included with our policy with NatWest too.

Lisbon 13 Dec 18 05:32 PM

Sending you a pm
Rob

thefergies 13 Dec 18 06:35 PM

Not understanding why people would quote so high just for 4 adults rather than 2 adults and 2 kids. My "kids" are 23 and 27 and an ANNUAL policy with aviva was under 200 and 143 in the end after existing customer discount as I have home and motor ins with them and then booking via quidco. And that includes couple of minor medical conditions disclosed. You will get cover no bother at reasonable price assuming no major medical issues.

thefergies 13 Dec 18 06:41 PM

Should have added all living at same address as per your situation. Aviva not available on comparison sites, you would need to go via their own site. And try annual quote even if this is only planned trip as strangely it can sometimes be cheaper or only marginally more expensive than single trip cover.

Hooray4Disney 13 Dec 18 07:31 PM

Insure and Go are great for a family policy with children aged over 18.

JudeB 13 Dec 18 09:28 PM

Thanks guys - I’ll try both of those. I hadn’t thought to try annual policy. 👍

ELLENUT 14 Dec 18 11:16 PM

Alot of policies (only have annual, so not sure about single trip) will cover you if your chldren are in education as long as they live with you when not in term time ( which in reality is most students). Im with the Nationwide account.