theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Charlie’s First WDW Adventure - Sep/Oct 2019 - Pre-Trip Report *Updated 19th September* (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1111125)

Lisa_Lollipop 5 Jan 19 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by act1980 (Post 13628002)
She's going on her 4th trip to Florida in a few weeks, I think we need to start taking her to other places :pgig:

We've actually bought a kids Fire for the plane to hopefully keep her occupied. I'm not normally one for encouraging kids to sit with their face in a screen but if it gets us through the flight then so be it! :thumbs-up We tried taking new toys when we went in September and she just wasn't interested so I'm hoping the Fire works for us.

We found that doing the parks late afternoon to evening worked better due to how hot it was. We spent time in the pools and water parks and then got showered and went to a park or dinner. That worked well for us and we we mainly just went with the flow. We didn't really plan an itinerary so I would say to just see how you all feel and see how Charlie is each day and go from there. If you get a stroller fan get one that has an enclosure, Ava ripped off one of the foam propellers within 2 seconds :pgig:

Haha I can't believe that in her short little life Ava has been to Florida more times than I have! :d:

We generally don't allow Charlie near the iPad but needs must when it comes to a long haul flight... I will be doing anything to keep him entertained! ;)

And good news, our stroller fan is in a enclosed case! :tongue:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJNT (Post 13628096)
I am so excited to see this! Very much enjoyed the little stroll down memory lane - can't believe 2016 is such a dim and distant place in the past now.

Loving John and Joan's cowboy hats. And that villa - serious interior design goals. And what a pool area - almost tempting me to an off site stay.

Hope it's near a McDonalds for your milkshake fix xx

Ah 2016... the year we became friends, it will always hold a special place in my heart :inlove:

And fear not there is a McDonalds close by (this is top criteria when booking a villa of course!) :tongue:

Quote:

Originally Posted by collybird (Post 13630093)
I love the look of your villa, it's refreshing to see one looking so fresh and modern. The water park looks great too, it will be nice to chill out there in the evenings.

Glad to hear Charlie has his own seat on the plane, I don't have kids but I always feel sorry for families who are so short of space on the plane.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans for Charlie's first trip, it's fab you have some babysitters along for the ride.

Yes we loved how fresh and modern it was, most unusual for villas in Orlando. Definitely a major selling point, particularly as I think we will be having much more villa time this trip than in previous years! :grin:

vics18 6 Jan 19 11:35 AM

Yay Lisa! Super exciting
Ooh your villa looks so lovely and Charlie is going to love that splash area!
It will be here before you know it :)
Xxx
PS getting him his own seat is worth every penny :pgig:

Guest 6 Jan 19 11:39 AM

That villa looks like a show home! it's stunning! looking forward to the report.

MrsSilverStar 6 Jan 19 04:21 PM

Ah, you must be so excited to be taking Charlie on his first trip to Florida!
We also don’t let our DS on the iPad, unless it’s on a flight and then he can fill his boots - not much else for them to do really! We flew to the Middle East a few times when he was small and he wouldn’t sleep, but would just zone out in front of a film which kept him quiet - fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you.

We’ll be arriving shortly after you leave, so will be reading along for lots of tips and ideas!

i love jack 6 Jan 19 05:40 PM

How exciting :) the villa looks lovely, look forward to reading along :thumbs-up

suziwong_96 6 Jan 19 11:17 PM

Looks great! I'm off to look up story lake! Lol x

Lisa_Lollipop 7 Jan 19 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vics18 (Post 13630650)
Yay Lisa! Super exciting
Ooh your villa looks so lovely and Charlie is going to love that splash area!
It will be here before you know it :)
Xxx
PS getting him his own seat is worth every penny :pgig:

We went back and forth on the idea of getting him his own seat but now we have done it I am so relieved! I think it could have started the holiday on a very stressful note if we hadn't! :d:

I can't believe how quickly the countdown is going down since we booked the villa back in August! xxx

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_O (Post 13630660)
That villa looks like a show home! it's stunning! looking forward to the report.

It looks so beautiful in the photos, I am hoping that being so new it will still look that lovely when we get there! :grin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar (Post 13631126)
Ah, you must be so excited to be taking Charlie on his first trip to Florida!
We also don’t let our DS on the iPad, unless it’s on a flight and then he can fill his boots - not much else for them to do really! We flew to the Middle East a few times when he was small and he wouldn’t sleep, but would just zone out in front of a film which kept him quiet - fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you.

We’ll be arriving shortly after you leave, so will be reading along for lots of tips and ideas!

The iPad is going to be our savoir I am sure! I am hoping that as we never let him have it ordinarily the novelty will keep him that much more entertained! :d:

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love jack (Post 13631299)
How exciting :) the villa looks lovely, look forward to reading along :thumbs-up

Thank you so much for joining me, I'm excited to share more planning as we get closer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziwong_96 (Post 13632108)
Looks great! I'm off to look up story lake! Lol x

Haha it looks fab doesn't it? We have stayed in Compass Bay the last couple of trips and we loved it there so really hopeful that we will fall in love with this complex too and it will be a place we can return to on future trips! :grin:

SaratogaSp2015 7 Jan 19 06:20 PM

Definitely going to be following along for tips! We're taking our will be two year old in September too. Hoping we will be out of the 'no, no, no' phase by then :grin: