theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Any joy with activating tickets before onsite stay? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1134482)

kellsbells 25 Jun 19 10:51 PM

Any joy with activating tickets before onsite stay?

Asking for some relatives who are going out in August, they have an offsite stay first before moving to the Beach Club for 1 week.

I know technically it isn't allowed but I wondered if anyone had contacted them and managed to get it done? They have been before but didn't realise this would be a problem before they booked.

Does anyone know the best email address to get them on with this sort of query? :)

chmurf 26 Jun 19 10:02 AM

if booked as a UK package, the tickets are not valid before check in dates.

This restriction is there because you (they) got a discount for buying the tickets and the hotel together ( free dining, or standard hotel+ticket discount when FD is not active)

if they booked through disney UK they can contact them and ask if the tickets can be unlinked from the hotel reservation.

Now be ready for the answer to be along the lines of "you accepted the restriction, that was written in plain english, and in red, that the tickets could not be used before the date displayed when you clicked the purchase button"

it's disney, so anything is possible. But the tickets have a date to them. So be ready for the big no

kellsbells 26 Jun 19 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chmurf (Post 13922326)
if booked as a UK package, the tickets are not valid before check in dates.

This restriction is there because you (they) got a discount for buying the tickets and the hotel together ( free dining, or standard hotel+ticket discount when FD is not active)

if they booked through disney UK they can contact them and ask if the tickets can be unlinked from the hotel reservation.

Now be ready for the answer to be along the lines of "you accepted the restriction, that was written in plain english, and in red, that the tickets could not be used before the date displayed when you clicked the purchase button"

it's disney, so anything is possible. But the tickets have a date to them. So be ready for the big no

Thanks for your reply, as I said it's not for me and I've warned them that this might be the outcome. I know I've read on here before about people having some success with this though so i'll tell them it's worth a try. :)

chmurf 26 Jun 19 12:45 PM

yes, worth a try

what you might have read was the case of US bookings, when guests used to be able to pick up their tickets before check in.

That was pre-Magic Band, as you no longer need to pick up tickets if you stay onsite. So, those are days long gone;

kellsbells 26 Jun 19 03:09 PM

Thank you. I've definitely seen comment on here recently from a UK booking (tried to find it but couldn't!) but like you say I think they should expect a no.