theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   GCSE parents? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1127680)

PoohBears#1fan 7 May 19 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat11 (Post 13830466)
My Dd had two exams today (geography and English) she had her French speaking a few weeks ago. So it’s 3 down and 17 to go!

Kat

Bless her, they all seem to take so many!

Glee Fan 7 May 19 08:39 PM

I have twins so going through it two fold! My gin consumption seems to have increased somewhat!

Good luck to all the other students and parents. I keep saying to mine, just do your best whatever that may be. GCSE’s aren’t the be all and end all are they, even though it probably seems like it at the time.

PoohBears#1fan 7 May 19 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glee Fan (Post 13830484)
I have twins so going through it two fold! My gin consumption seems to have increased somewhat!

Good luck to all the other students and parents. I keep saying to mine, just do your best whatever that may be. GCSE’s aren’t the be all and end all are they, even though it probably seems like it at the time.

Exactly! I’m sure they only put so much pressure on for the school results :(.

Good luck to your pair, bless you!

Megandllsmum 7 May 19 09:00 PM

Not GCSEs this yea4 although 8 went through this with my eldest a few years back and we came out the other side... good luck to all your teens.
My youngest is in year 6 and has a week of SATs next week... she has autism , her anxiety is through the roof already :cry:

PoohBears#1fan 7 May 19 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 13830541)
Not GCSEs this yea4 although 8 went through this with my eldest a few years back and we came out the other side... good luck to all your teens.
My youngest is in year 6 and has a week of SATs next week... she has autism , her anxiety is through the roof already :cry:

Bless her, good luck to her, hope she manages her anxiety x

americangal 7 May 19 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 13830541)

I’ve got year 6 sats and GCSEs starting on Monday... I’m going to be in a lot of wine next week.

My eldest hasn’t revised enough for GCSEs so I’ve decided he’s old enough and come August he can’t turn back time if it goes belly up. Although his mocks have come out ok with lack of revision. His only weak area is English and he’s been having a tutor for a few weeks now so has no option but to keep doing practice papers

The youngest is a perfectionist and has already made himself ill doing all the practice sats, he’s getting almost full marks in them so I’ve told him he can chill as he will do excellent and I wouldn’t know if anyone that got all the questions right and that he will do amazingly anyway.

Roll on 14 June when it’s all over

kathrynmc 7 May 19 09:50 PM

My daughter starts on Monday as she is doing RE. She had her Spanish speaking last week and was extremely pleased with the way it went.

She seems to be quite relaxed at the minute, things might change come Sunday night

Twin mummy 7 May 19 09:53 PM

I’ve got twins doing exactly the same subjects so potential for lots of rivalry but luckily they are seeing it as an opportunity to have a built in revision buddy.
They are fairly calm but I’m panicking as art coursework and exam prep has taken up so much time. We blasted it over the weekend though so it’s now all done, 10 hour art exam was last week so now to focus totally on other subjects.

They have 23 exams each starting next Monday and finishing on the 14th June.

I’m between jobs at the moment, though I am doing supply work and seem to have been nominated as revision organiser. Found lots of good resources and keep trying to keep them on track.
I’m doing lots of baking to provide snacks, stops me stressing too much!
Good luck to all the teens and parents, I’ll be so glad when it’s over!