theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Jo Brand 'Throw Acid instead of Milk Shake'! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132895)

THE WIZARD 13 Jun 19 06:05 PM

Jo Brand 'Throw Acid instead of Milk Shake'!

I have to confess as never liking Jo Brand anyway, bit to slutty (yes I did mean SMUTTY but didn't realise until it was pointed out later that it said SLUTTY - I did not edit it out as I did not want it said I had done so after some had taken offence !) for me but I cannot believe, at the moment, the BBC is actually condoning her comment that instead of Milk Shakes being thrown at politicians it should be Corrosive substance i.e. Acid!
What a terrible terrible thing to say. When asked she said Freedom of Speech in COMEDY is " extremely important."
What ever was she thinking - bet those who have suffered having Acid thrown in their faces will really find that funny! :mad2:

Mr Tom Morrow 13 Jun 19 06:16 PM

Typical left wing response by the BBC.

I actually don't even find her funny. Not a very appropriate comment even if said in jest and not meant to be taken seriously.

disney332 13 Jun 19 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD (Post 13900398)
I have to confess as never liking Jo Brand anyway, bit to slutty for me but I cannot believe, at the moment, the BBC is actually condoning her comment that instead of Milk Shakes being thrown at politicians it should be Corrosive substance i.e. Acid!
What a terrible terrible thing to say. When asked she said Freedom of Speech in COMEDY is " extremely important."
What ever was she thinking - bet those who have suffered having Acid thrown in their faces will really find that funny! :mad2:

Never been more on the same page.

At least she should be sacked from BBC contracts, at best cautioned and prosecuted by the Police.

It struck me how she and those who condone this so called joke would feel if next week somebody did just what she said would be funny?

It says as much about the BBC as it does about her.

Disney332

Clare 13 Jun 19 06:29 PM

Making such a comment whether in 'jest' or not is unacceptable.
I'm disappointed in Jo Brand as I actually normally like her.

Chilli-pepper 13 Jun 19 06:32 PM

I don't see any difference in this and what the other person did with the 'royal' photo she should absolutely be sacked, both were in extremely bad taste and offensive,

SimonB 13 Jun 19 06:32 PM

I do find this whole milkshake fad thing a bit disturbing but that’s a whole different argument.

Omega1 13 Jun 19 06:34 PM

I’m not a great fan of Jo Brand, but I do recognise a poor joke on a satirical radio programme when I hear one. She immediately made it clear, on air, she was joking and criticised the milkshake stunts.
Radio 4 has a long tradition of satirical programmes and I’ve heard equally unsavoury ‘jokes’ that didn’t attract anything like the attention that this has. Let’s see it for what it is.

EssexSue 13 Jun 19 06:39 PM

As it was pre-recorded the BBC chose to broadcast it so I can't see how they can wash their hands of her.

Sandra & co 13 Jun 19 06:39 PM

She shouldn’t of said it, it’s not funny. The amount of acid attacks there has been lately might give nutters ideas. I’ve never really liked her anyway, another one who thinks she can say what she likes and get away with it.

vowels 13 Jun 19 06:42 PM

I have actually listened to what she said.

The acid comment was a silly joke, which she confirmed immediately after saying it. Her point was that throwing milkshakes, even at Nigel Farage, is pathetic.

Surprised Nigel Farage is such a snowflake when Jo Brand was actually condemning the milkshake attack on him.