theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Transfer from airport New York (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1134644)

florida girl 27 Jun 19 01:25 PM

Transfer from airport New York

Been awhile since we went to New York a friend has asked about transfers from airport to hotel prices. We used a cab has anyone got recent prices for cabs, shuttle,etc. I can pass on to her thanks

daisydoo 27 Jun 19 01:29 PM

We were there in March and we booked transfers through Attraction Tickets Direct. It was a shared minibus and, from memory, it was £17 per person each way.

A taxi from the airport was about $55 - $70 depending on where you were going.

Daisydoo
:flowerfac:flowerfac:flowerfac

florida girl 27 Jun 19 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisydoo (Post 13924270)
We were there in March and we booked transfers through Attraction Tickets Direct. It was a shared minibus and, from memory, it was £17 per person each way.

A taxi from the airport was about $55 - $70 depending on where you were going.

Daisydoo
:flowerfac:flowerfac:flowerfac

Thank you she was quoted £200 return for 2 and I said this was way to expensive.

Smilesonfaces 27 Jun 19 06:35 PM

Get on the air train and the subway for about $5 each way It’s as easy as anything. It was $5 for the air train and we bought a weekly subway pass for $33 which we definitely made use of.

Buzz242 27 Jun 19 07:31 PM

We also used the Airtrain to Jamaica Station then the subway to Penn Station. It was very easy and about $10 each from memory.

Bee happy 27 Jun 19 08:59 PM

There is a set price from JFK to Manhattan $52 it goes up around $5 for peak time.

Wordsworth 27 Jun 19 11:32 PM

You can also do the Airtrain to Jamaica station then the LIRR to Penn if you don’t fancy the subway. We’ve done that the last few visits and DH vastly prefers it to the yellow cabs as he tended to feel sick on the ride in from JFK. I’m assuming that’s the airport your friend is using.

NewtoOrlando 28 Jun 19 10:35 AM

We used the subway by getting the air train to Jamaica from JFK, super easy to use and really cheap. Was much quicker to get into Penn station as traffic when we arrived was crazy, as always lol

debs2028 28 Jun 19 01:56 PM

Honestly the AirTran is so easy , if I can do it anyone can .
If not Uber might be cheaper than normal taxi 😀

Smilesonfaces 28 Jun 19 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debs2028 (Post 13925864)
Honestly the AirTran is so easy , if I can do it anyone can .
If not Uber might be cheaper than normal taxi 😀

I think the advantage of a yellow cab outside the airport is that it is a standard fee of $52 plus tolls and tip so about $70. Should make sure it is from a genuine taxi as I have heard of a lot scams. Once outside the airport terminal you are directed to the official taxi line.

As previous though we used the airtrain and subway with no issue at all.