theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Budget Group S bargain price with BA why? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180504)

antietam 20 Sep 20 05:47 PM

Budget Group S bargain price with BA why?

When i looked at a booking with BA the group S car was about £350 to £400 to upgrade but the same group car with Budget took £39 off of the price.

That is nearly a £400 swing for having the same group car with Budget rather than Avis

Ok with Budget you don't get extra driver, avios or any executive club perks.
You also cant join their loyalty scheme if you live in UK so standing in line rather than straight to Garage.

I would assume that standing in line is worth it for a £400 saving.
Are there any other reasons why you would not take this saving and go with Budget

What do you think?

nth09 20 Sep 20 11:39 PM

Which dates are those? Looks like a glitch as that certainly isn’t happening if I try to add a group s car with budget.

mason1 21 Sep 20 07:10 AM

You do get your spouse as a free driver with Budget through BA. We’re using them for the 1st time next year - usually choose Avis, but the cost for our normal Group F car was another £200 over the Group S with Budget. We’re staying the night at Tampa airport on arrival, so will be suitably refreshed when tackling the desk.

neilhd 21 Sep 20 03:37 PM

I'm no fan of Budget but money talks so I went with it.

antietam 21 Sep 20 03:45 PM

this rental is from August 13 to August 26

nth09 21 Sep 20 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antietam (Post 14654536)
this rental is from August 13 to August 26

You've done well. Look like it was a glitch that has been fixed as the group S is now significantly more.

neilhd 22 Sep 20 10:51 AM

It was around for a few days at that reduced price. Seems we have been lucky to get it!

JoanicSicos 22 Sep 20 12:20 PM

The Group S cars with budget have been significantly cheaper for some time - I booked back at the beginning of August for July21 and the Group S Budget was the same price as the Avis Small Car price.

Was well chuffed, and I took loads of screen shots to prove it's what i bought :D

grumpybri 28 Sep 20 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mason1 (Post 14653908)
You do get your spouse as a free driver with Budget through BA. We’re using them for the 1st time next year - usually choose Avis, but the cost for our normal Group F car was another £200 over the Group S with Budget. We’re staying the night at Tampa airport on arrival, so will be suitably refreshed when tackling the desk.

BA offer spouse for free with Avis not Budget and only if you are an Executive Club member.

Gryff 28 Sep 20 05:00 PM

I’ve just booked my July 21 flights and car hire in BA sale
The car hire is its budget but I can get premium economic both ways and car hire SClass for £500 more than car hire only with Alamo
So I’ll bite the bullet and stand in the que it’s an 8 week hire
DH comes out with the Gdks 2 days later for 3weeks he’s also cheaper with the fly drive
By £400 for the 3 of them it just means I’ve to pick them up as the kids car seats are in our storage locker and drop them off
DH will take the car anyway