theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Flying Club miles expiry (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=993836)

johnb 19 Nov 16 02:28 PM

Flying Club miles expiry

Since the new system, how do you find out when your miles expire. I can't see anything in the my FC profile. There is a note saying

Quote:

Your mileage expiry date will appear within the account information on your Flying Club email communications.
But there has been nothing on any of the emails I have received so far.

Sparky 19 Nov 16 02:38 PM

There is so much information missing from their website, so many errors... I can't believe that a company the size of Virgin went live with such a poor application.

THE WIZARD 19 Nov 16 02:40 PM

You've got into your account! You've had e-mails !
Count yourself lucky you've had any info, there are lots of us still waiting to find out anything - I've spend over a week trying to get into DH's account so far - given up for a while with fingers crossed for an attempt next week again.

Little Green 19 Nov 16 06:04 PM

I thought miles themselves never expired, just FC membership if you haven't collected any miles for 3 years.

prugone 19 Nov 16 09:54 PM

Your miles certainly do have an expiry date and I also noticed the reference that future emails would contain this information. Time will tell. Seems fairly common sense to have this information on your account page but perhaps they're hoping people will not notice that their miles are going to expire!

ChrisS 19 Nov 16 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD (Post 12129446)
You've got into your account! You've had e-mails !
Count yourself lucky you've had any info, there are lots of us still waiting to find out anything - I've spend over a week trying to get into DH's account so far - given up for a while with fingers crossed for an attempt next week again.

Hiya Wiz :wavey: FC are very helpful. After logging in, completing security questions, getting our new membership numbers, suddenly hubs was locked out. FC on 01293 473998 were really helpful and had his account up and working again within a couple of hours.

We fly Monday and I was able to re-add all API info I'd done in June into the system, with the exception of our B2 visa numbers. ESTA numbers can't be entered either, apparently that has to be done at OLCI/airport desk.

dking2001 21 Nov 16 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prugone (Post 12130074)
Your miles certainly do have an expiry date and I also noticed the reference that future emails would contain this information. Time will tell. Seems fairly common sense to have this information on your account page but perhaps they're hoping people will not notice that their miles are going to expire!

The miles themselves never had an expiry date (unless it has changed in the revamp). As said above the account would expire if there was no activity in a 3 year period at which point all miles would be lost. I have miles in my account from flights taken over a decade ago and I just do enough to keep topping up to keep the account open and hence the miles 'live'.

johnb 21 Nov 16 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dking2001 (Post 12132745)
The miles themselves never had an expiry date (unless it has changed in the revamp). As said above the account would expire if there was no activity in a 3 year period at which point all miles would be lost.

It does indeed seem to have changed since the revamp. The email refers to a "new membership number for life". And my Profile has a note "Your mileage expiry date will appear within the account information on your Flying Club email communications."
The implication is that the account itself will no longer expire, but miles WILL expire after a certain period - although I can't find out what that period is.

riversider2014 21 Nov 16 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dking2001 (Post 12132745)
The miles themselves never had an expiry date (unless it has changed in the revamp). As said above the account would expire if there was no activity in a 3 year period at which point all miles would be lost. I have miles in my account from flights taken over a decade ago and I just do enough to keep topping up to keep the account open and hence the miles 'live'.

Isnt your account expiring pretty much the same as your miles having an expiry date? i.e. those miles *do* expire if you don't use your account

Mr Tom Morrow 21 Nov 16 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riversider2014 (Post 12132930)
Isnt your account expiring pretty much the same as your miles having an expiry date? i.e. those miles *do* expire if you don't use your account

No not really. The account stays live. It's just the Miles that will disappear
Very much like a current account with zero balance.