theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Rented DVC points and linking tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184181)

returnplanning 27 Nov 20 09:17 AM

Rented DVC points and linking tickets

Hi there

I have just secured a booking with rented DVC points. When we buy our tickets, how can we link them so that we get onsite perks (assuming that will return)?

Thanks

YorkshireT 27 Nov 20 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by returnplanning (Post 14733398)
Hi there

I have just secured a booking with rented DVC points. When we buy our tickets, how can we link them so that we get onsite perks (assuming that will return)?

Thanks

First if you have not done so open a My Disney Experience account. Enter yourself and your family members going with you on that- trying to get the names the same as the ones you gave on the booking and dates of birth the same. Don’t worry though if you didn’t add everyone to the DVC booking yet though.

The booking is entered in My Disney Experience as a hotel booking using the confirmation you will get from the renter. Ensure the renter enters all the names on the DVC website (don’t worry they can be added to and changed at will) as you have set them up on MDE (or vice versa as per first paragraph above). Then when you enter the DVC confirmation number, it should automatically recognise the person you have in MDE as the person on the booking. If not, nowadays it guesses and says ‘Is this x?’ and you can confirm. Important thing is to get the same family members in MDE as the people on the DVC booking entered in MDE. Any problems try it on a proper computer and not mobile.

Do the same with the tickets and assign one ticket to each of the guests on the booking using the number on the ticket. Note this is sometimes glitchy and comes up ‘will call’ - try the mobile app or computer if that happens. Once I had ticket numbers would not go in on the computer, but did on the mobile app- Disney IT!

You’ll then have the DVC hotel booking with all the guests on with their names and to each one a ticket assigned.

So when you are done, your DVC hotel reservation page in MDE will look like this (I’ve blanked our names):

And the same people as above will each have a ticket showing like this (I have annual pass but it’s the same screen) with the name matching the person on the hotel page:

returnplanning 27 Nov 20 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14733400)
First if you have not done so open a My Disney Experience account. Enter yourself and your family members going with you on that- trying to get the names the same as the ones you gave on the booking and dates of birth the same. Don’t worry though if you didn’t add everyone to the DVC booking yet though.

The booking is entered in My Disney Experience as a hotel booking using the confirmation you will get from the renter. Ensure the renter enters all the names on the DVC website (don’t worry they can be added to and changed at will) as you have set them up on MDE (or vice versa as per first paragraph above). Then when you enter the DVC confirmation number, it should automatically recognise the person you have in MDE as the person on the booking. If not, nowadays it guesses and says ‘Is this x?’ and you can confirm. Important thing is to get the same family members in MDE as the people on the DVC booking entered in MDE. Any problems try it on a proper computer and not mobile.

Do the same with the tickets and assign one ticket to each of the guests on the booking using the number on the ticket. Note this is sometimes glitchy and comes up ‘will call’ - try the mobile app or computer if that happens. Once I had ticket numbers would not go in on the computer, but did on the mobile app- Disney IT!

You’ll then have the DVC hotel booking with all the guests on with their names and to each one a ticket assigned.

So when you are done, your DVC hotel reservation page in MDE will look like this (I’ve blanked our names):

And the same people as above will each have a ticket showing like this (I have annual pass but it’s the same screen) with the name matching the person on the hotel page:

Thanks YT for a super helpful post!