theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Ninja foodi recipes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184429)

Gingerlife 1 Dec 20 08:07 AM

Ninja foodi recipes

My Ninja foodie arrived yesterday (thanks to JoB recommending QVC) and I am keen to give it a try.
Does anybody have any good, first time user, recipes to get me used to using it?
We don't have any dietary requirements so all recipes welcome 👍

willow 1 Jan 21 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gingerlife (Post 14737713)
My Ninja foodie arrived yesterday (thanks to JoB recommending QVC) and I am keen to give it a try.
Does anybody have any good, first time user, recipes to get me used to using it?
We don't have any dietary requirements so all recipes welcome 👍

How are you getting on with it? We’ve just bought one, trying out roast potatoes tonight and made cheese on toast in it yesterday!

Moorlandman 1 Jan 21 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 14774630)
How are you getting on with it? We’ve just bought one, trying out roast potatoes tonight and made cheese on toast in it yesterday!

We cook our cheese on toast under the grill, is it any better in this £200 device?

Sandraoh40 1 Jan 21 09:35 PM

I don’t know if it’s a similar type of device but we bought an instant pot a few weeks ago and it’s amazing. I know the ninja has some thing different that can roast that ours doesn’t but does it have the pressure cooker facility? I am actually always taken aback at just how tasty the food I have been making is.

willow 2 Jan 21 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moorlandman (Post 14774672)
We cook our cheese on toast under the grill, is it any better in this £200 device?

No not really but with a rubbish oven which takes over 45 minutes to get to temperature and even then takes double the amount of time to cook anything (landlord won’t replace it) also we no room for a microwave so not had one in over 10 years and having to replace a toaster and slow cooker we thought this was a good idea and so far it’s seems to be!

willow 2 Jan 21 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 (Post 14774677)
I don’t know if it’s a similar type of device but we bought an instant pot a few weeks ago and it’s amazing. I know the ninja has some thing different that can roast that ours doesn’t but does it have the pressure cooker facility? I am actually always taken aback at just how tasty the food I have been making is.

It’s kinda the same thing. We did a trial run of roast potatoes in it tonight. Took about 20 minutes in total, they where really good.

sparklegirl 2 Jan 21 09:58 AM

I have literally cooked anything in mine that can be roasted, baked or grilled as well as air fried. Croissants, baked potatoes, pizza, steak, chicken, ham joint. We have used our every single day since we got it. I find it heats up much quicker than the oven.