theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resort Update (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1006536)

Stu 17 Feb 17 08:53 AM

Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resort Update

2 Attachment(s)
inline imageOver the next two years Disney's Coronado Springs Resort will undergo an expansion that will include a new 15 story tower, this will add 500 rooms to the resort and will feature suites and concierge level services. The resorts current inventory of rooms will also see refurbishments and improvements. Additionally the landscape will also be reworked to include an island oasis and floating gardens all connected with a series of bridges.

A new rooftop dining experience will be opened at the top of the new tower allowing guests to experience unique panoramic views of the nighttime fireworks from Disney's theme parks.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort will be reimagined with new additions to the resort's current marketplace, Centertown, including new waterfront dining and retail shopping areas. This centralized location will offer the resort's guests more convenient access to services, amenities and dining.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/att...1&d=1487317997

happy bunny 17 Feb 17 02:58 PM

CSR is a much overlooked beautiful resort and if tastefully done will enhance it, but do we know where the new tower will go?

papamouse 17 Feb 17 03:01 PM

hi Stu

any contacts who will let us know when these refurbs will take place, loads of us have holidays booked and cant get any answers...

pm

happy bunny 17 Feb 17 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papamouse (Post 12293372)
hi Stu

any contacts who will let us know when these refurbs will take place, loads of us have holidays booked and cant get any answers...

pm

CSR has been going through a room refurb since last year. The new rooms look lovely, but there is minimal disruption as we can attest to ;)

shepherdypie 17 Feb 17 03:45 PM

Oh I love CSR - can't wait it see this.

wdw-wanderer 17 Feb 17 05:36 PM

Bulldozers are currently demolishing Building 9B which had business class rooms and Coconino Cove lounge. I saw them in action yesterday. They've screened off the two lakes at the front of the hotel with chain link fencing ready to drain them, and are also clearing lots of vegetation behind Building 9A. It's going to be a huge site for the tower building. I think building 7A in the Ranchos is undergoing refurbishment too. Perhaps try and request a room in the casitas section for the next couple of years?

loves2plan 17 Feb 17 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer (Post 12293703)
Bulldozers are currently demolishing Building 9B which had business class rooms and Coconino Cove lounge. I saw them in action yesterday. They've screened off the two lakes at the front of the hotel with chain link fencing ready to drain them, and are also clearing lots of vegetation behind Building 9A. It's going to be a huge site for the tower building. I think building 7A in the Ranchos is undergoing refurbishment too. Perhaps try and request a room in the casitas section for the next couple of years?

Wow! They've started that quickly considering it was only announced publicly yesterday.

themeparksandy 17 Feb 17 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 12293710)
Wow! They've started that quickly considering it was only announced publicly yesterday.

The quicker they build it means more paying guests on site.

travelgirl 18 Feb 17 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themeparksandy (Post 12294005)
The quicker they build it means more paying guests on site.

Wow that is the longest countdown I've ever seen:)

themeparksandy 18 Feb 17 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelgirl (Post 12294594)
Wow that is the longest countdown I've ever seen:)

We started it on the 1st Oct last year. The day we landed back home :(
The countdown does feel long but our trip before that was Sept 2011.