theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Shuttles at Clarion Inn (LBV)? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1134335)

foolish_mortals 24 Jun 19 08:32 PM

Shuttles at Clarion Inn (LBV)?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about a trip for myself and boyfriend in the future (as far off as 2022) so just throwing around ideas at the minute.

I have been to Florida several times before with my family but now that I'm looking at going as a couple there's so many different things to think about...:confused2

Originally we were looking at Clarion Inn (LBV) but after reading about how restrictive the shuttle buses are I started to panic.

Does anybody have any experience of using the shuttle here?
OR
Is there anywhere else people would recommend for a young couple that has a shuttle service?

I'm starting to look at staying at a budget Disney hotel but obviously it's still up in the air whether free DDP will be offered in the future.

cornishfrogboy 24 Jun 19 08:54 PM

I would look at IDrive in your position. There are many hotels that offer both Shuttles and breakfast. You are very near to many, many restaurants, bars etc.

The reason I say this is that the shuttles are reinforced by the option of the ITrolleys travelling both I drive and I boulevard. This gives you an open ticket home from either Universal or the Seaworld/DC/Aq end. It also gives access via ITrolley to Premium Outlets.

In the event that you are inDisney and miss your shuttle deliberately or otherwise, you can get to the transportation centre and then go Lynx to SW, I trolley on to IDrive.

You would thus have great mobility without needing a car.

foolish_mortals 24 Jun 19 11:35 PM

Thanks. We have always avoided IDrive in the past as a family but now as a couple we have different needs. The ITrolley seems like a good option to have as Premium Outlets is on our to do list. Not sure if we are going to have time for Universal as well as Disney this time around with it being the first time for my other half but definitely one to look into.

Guest 25 Jun 19 04:52 AM

Don't be put off the Clarion because of the shuttle times ..the Lynx buses stop nearby and you are in Disney in no time on the number 50 and SeaWorld in the other direction on the 50 too.No faffing about with changing buses to get to I drive.It really is a great location with lots of restaurants within walking distance.Very handy for nights at Disney Springs too.

RugbyJohn 25 Jun 19 08:32 AM

Have a look at the Hilton at LBV. We stayed there last year and its ideal. You're a 5min walk from Disney Springs and can use the Magical Express from there

loves2plan 25 Jun 19 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RugbyJohn (Post 13920384)
Have a look at the Hilton at LBV. We stayed there last year and its ideal. You're a 5min walk from Disney Springs and can use the Magical Express from there

Are you sure about that? The Magical Express is just for guests at onsite hotels travelling to/from MCO.

Guest 25 Jun 19 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foolish_mortals (Post 13919890)
I'm starting to look at staying at a budget Disney hotel but obviously it's still up in the air whether free DDP will be offered in the future.

As you don't want to drive, onsite is a good idea and I would recommend this. At a value hotel, the most you would get is 1 QS credit per day, worth say $20? I wouldn't let the absence of that put me off staying onsite.

RugbyJohn 25 Jun 19 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 13920387)
Are you sure about that? The Magical Express is just for guests at onsite hotels travelling to/from MCO.

Apologies, I meant Disney transport between hotels and parks.

foolish_mortals 25 Jun 19 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma (Post 13920242)
Don't be put off the Clarion because of the shuttle times ..the Lynx buses stop nearby and you are in Disney in no time on the number 50 and SeaWorld in the other direction on the 50 too.No faffing about with changing buses to get to I drive.It really is a great location with lots of restaurants within walking distance.Very handy for nights at Disney Springs too.

Clarion does seem ideal location wise! I've just been used to having a car in the past so the shuttles seem restrictive.. I'll definitely look into the Lynx service as another option, thanks!:thumbs-up

Picalily 25 Jun 19 04:28 PM

Hi we have stayed at the Clarion 5 times before as non drivers and are booked for this December. The shuttles are not quite as good as previous years (7.30am for Universal used to be 9.15) but the last Disney shuttle comes back at 11.30pm which is the big bonus it means you can stay and watch the fireworks, most shuttles leave much earlier and you miss them. You can catch a Lynx 50 to Disney in one direction and Seaworld in the other plus there are loads of eateries within walking distance. Good clean hotel.