theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Feeling down (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1089335)

tabbycat 13 Jul 18 09:22 PM

Feeling down

Sorry I just need to moan as I’m feeling quite deflated :cry: I booked Saratoga Springs with ATD when DDP first came out and was told it wouldn’t be confirmed until 330 days from our return date so I sat there patiently and 330 days came and went. Two weeks later after harassing ATD every other day :blush: we finally linked to MDE however we are now booked in to Old Key West where we’ve been before and don’t really want to go again and to top it off we are booked in for one night less than our original booking. ATD say they are sorting that for me but have said Disney haven’t got rooms at Saratoga Springs but they are aware that is where we wanted to stay and will change the booking if it becomes available. I would also get to rebook somewhere else if OKW is all that’s offered or get a refund of my deposit but if I wait to long there won’t be much availability anywhere. On price it looks like OKW for us would be the best value but I do feel that we haven’t been able to choose my own holiday :cry::cry: ATD have been brilliant trying to sort it out. I may feel better when we have 14 nights instead of 13 then I will get my head around OKW and start looking forward to it and if we get SSR that will be a bonus. Sorry again to moan just wanted to get it off my chest :blush:

Toria_dee 13 Jul 18 09:38 PM

Don't apologise for feeling deflated. It's your holiday and you're entitled to feel as you do.

I have a booking for CBR, but OKW is my preferred resort (1 bed villa) so I'm constantly checking for availability, but nothing.

ATD have said if anything comes up they'll call me ASAP and let me know.

Sorry you haven't got what you wanted, fingers crossed its fixed for you ASAP.

xx

tabbycat 13 Jul 18 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toria_dee (Post 13362697)
Don't apologise for feeling deflated. It's your holiday and you're entitled to feel as you do.

I have a booking for CBR, but OKW is my preferred resort (1 bed villa) so I'm constantly checking for availability, but nothing.

ATD have said if anything comes up they'll call me ASAP and let me know.

Sorry you haven't got what you wanted, fingers crossed its fixed for you ASAP.

xx

I hope it becomes available for you. I find it odd that so many people want OKW and we don’t but have been given it. I will get used to the idea though just want the missing night to turn up :d:

smedley 13 Jul 18 10:09 PM

I feel your pain, we were booked for SSR this November and got caught up in the room shortage debacle and got moved to OKW (even tho people had been moved from there) we ended up with a bigger room, and it will work our well for us in that sense, but I’m still sad about losing the location of SSR

cornishfrogboy 13 Jul 18 10:20 PM

I can fully understand your disappointment. It's like paying for a horse, then having a camel delivered to your door. It simply was not what you ordered.

The Disney resorts are deliberately and very well themed in order to differentiate between them.

Hoping things work out for you.

Toria_dee 13 Jul 18 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabbycat (Post 13362706)
I hope it becomes available for you. I find it odd that so many people want OKW and we don’t but have been given it. I will get used to the idea though just want the missing night to turn up :d:

Well, yes. The missing night would be my priority too!

We wanted OKW for the space, as a family of 5 a one bed there would be great. We've never stayed onsite before so looking forward to the onsite experience where ever we end up.

Given that H has had staying at CBR in his head since April, he's now reluctant to change to OKW so is glad it hasn't came up yet. Hasn't stopped me looking :d:

xx

tabbycat 13 Jul 18 11:50 PM

Thanks for your support everyone. We chose SSR as it’s our first time without the kids and didn’t want to stay somewhere we’d been before and the distance to Disney Springs was very appealing. I also missed the food court when we stayed at OKW but we got a really good price and I’m not willing to give that up so if it has to be OKW then so be it. I guess we could be in worse places ;). I’m getting a bit obsessed with checking MDE though to see if my missing night has turned up yet :blush:

tabbycat 13 Jul 18 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smedley (Post 13362775)
I feel your pain, we were booked for SSR this November and got caught up in the room shortage debacle and got moved to OKW (even tho people had been moved from there) we ended up with a bigger room, and it will work our well for us in that sense, but I’m still sad about losing the location of SSR

I’m sure you’ll have a lovely holiday. It is odd though I was under the impression that OKW was a much more popular resort than SSR. :confused2

fleurbie 14 Jul 18 12:17 AM

I know how you feel we love OKW and wanted to stay there again next year, but Nov wasn't available with Free dinning
So we've had to book CBR which I'm a bit disappointed with TBH but hopefully with all the work it will feel better than last time we stayed there and your not really on the resort that much, but I love the laid back feel of okw and no matter how busy the parks are its always peaceful and chilled :cool2:
I hope you get it sorted and I'm sure you'll love your holiday qqw:d:

Florida4 14 Jul 18 01:29 AM

We have just stayed at OKW and really loved it I would go back in a heartbeat - understand your disappointment when you are set on SSR hope you get sorted fingers crossed for you