theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Day 13 ~ Uh Oh Not Enough Luggage Space, MK, BoG Lunch & Epcot ~ 8th November 2018 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1117473)

caitlinsmummy 22 Feb 19 06:56 PM

Day 13 ~ Uh Oh Not Enough Luggage Space, MK, BoG Lunch & Epcot ~ 8th November 2018

Find the previous day HERE

Day 13 ~ Uh Oh Not Enough Luggage Space, MK, BoG Lunch & Epcot ~ 8th November 2018

I was stupidly awake at 7am this morning, I was fuming knowing we didn't actually have to be anywhere :mad: Anyway I caught up on the day before's FB blog then I got a shower. 8am Thomas and Noah woke and also got showers, whilst in the shower Chris and Caitlin woke and started getting ready too.

I started the dreaded packing of the cases. I didn't want to waste a half day packing so I was doing it gradually. Just packing 1 case this morning I knew there was no way we would fit everything in the other cases :pgig: so I ordered a holdall on Amazon (with a free trial of prime ;) ) for around $18. It was to be delivered to reception the following morning.

The kid's snacked on cereal, pretzels and biscuits ... we had a lot of snacks to get through in the room never mind snack credits too!

Once everyone was sorted we walked to reception where I settled up the bill so far as I didn't want to pay using the card linked to our account. The boys did some colouring in whilst they waited for me.

We walked to the bus stop just outside reception but we'd just missed a bus to MK :( so I took the boys to Fultons and we had a little look around. Thomas got a gobstopper, Noah a rice crispy treat and they got Caitlin some chocolate coins.

Noah found a giant leaf which he wanted to take with us to the parks! I told him it was best to leave and maybe if he hid it another child might find it and like to play with it :pgig: It was an impressive leaf to be fair to the kid!

It was eventually 11.30am by the time we actually got to MK. I was a little annoyed as I'd planned on being there for no later than 11am but due to missing the first bus and the second one taking 30 minutes we were later.

Our aim for this morning was to head to Tomorrowland to meet Buzz.

The boys really enjoyed this meet and Thomas done his usual of asking Buzz a question ... I didn't record what he asked and I can't remember haha.

Next we headed round to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. We all really enjoyed this, although Noah didn't get the jokes.

We had a lunch reservation at 1pm at Be Our Guest, as we'd already been for breakfast we knew what we were doing. We had pre ordered on the app so went to the shorter queue. We were hoping to get into the room with the rose but it was full, we sat in the Ballroom before so we opted for the other room (can't remember the name). Now if I remember correctly we did wait quite a while for the food to come. We ordered the following:

Me:

French Dip Sandwich* - Served on a Baguette with Au Jus and Pommes Frites - $16.99

I really enjoyed this, it was a lot more filling than I thought. The dip made the sandwich not as dry. The fries were crispy and hot too. I would have this again.

Chris:

[I]Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style)Eight Hour Slow-cooked Pork with Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Bean Jardiniere - $16.99

Chris really enjoyed this meal, he said it was quite different to what we had been eaten and it was a nice change.

Caitlin:

Carved Turkey Sandwich - Carved Turkey Sandwich on Multigrain Bread with Sweet Potato Wedges and Peach Applesauce - $8.99

Caitlin had basically just a turkey sandwich. She gave her fries to Noah. She ate half then decided she didn't like it :nonono: We tasted it and it did have a bit of a weird taste but it was still edible.

Thomas and Noah:

Grilled Cheese and Turkey Noodle Soup - Grilled Cheese with Turkey Noodle Soup and Green Beans - $8.99

They had both opted to swap their green beans for fries. They enjoyed these and ate most of their meals. Caitlin ate most of the chicken noodle soup.

I had a Bellini with mine which was nice and refreshing, everyone else had a fountain drink.

We had also pre-ordered 2 cupcakes as I wanted to try the grey stuff and Chris wanted a cupcake too.

We ordered:

The Master's Cupcake -Chocolate Sponge Cake topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff” - $4.99

Lemon Meringue Cupcake- Vanilla Sponge Cake, Lemon Custard Filling and Flamed Meringue Icing - $4.99

I enjoyed this, it wasn't anything special but it was nice to try 'the grey stuff' which is just buttercream with grey food colouring :pgig: Chris theirs his too.

I've got in my notes Noah was struggling, now I'm not sure if that was because of lunch or just in general. It can't have been that bad if I can't remember it :pgig:

Now for the whole holiday I had been eyeing up the Rose Gold Loungefly Backpack. On the way out of MK I decided to have a look in the shop. There was some beautiful jewelry that Chris kept showing me, I was so tempted but knew I wouldn't wear them sadly. In the end I bit the bullet and decided to get the bag :erm:

:d:

Chris said it was a waste of money but it was just too pretty not to get, plus I had extra spends still. As it happens, I actually sold it on a FB group last weekend as I just knew I wouldn't use it here :blush: Pretty sure you can imagine what Chris's face looked like:

Anyway on the positive side, I put the money towards the day tickets to Disney in May which Chris still doesn't know about :pgig: Back to the report!

We left MK and headed for the monorail the TTC as we were going to Epcot for our FP's. We were at the station by 2.20pm. This was the 3rd time we'd used the monorail system and we got stuck waiting on the monorail for 15 minutes ... with no air con might I add! Whingy kids and heat really don't mix :cry: We were eventually on our way and arrived at Epcot for about 3pm.

In the queue we seen a foreign lady being told she wasn't allowed to use her selfie stick in the park, the lady nodded and put it in her bag and went through. More or less as soon as she got passed security she got the selfie stick out :mad: I really hope she got caught!

As we left MK later than planned and with the monorail issue we missed our Living With the Land FP. Our Soarin' one had just opened up but as I thought Noah wasn't tall enough I sent Chris and Thomas on before it closed (they had about 10 minutes) I said I'd just do without it. As it happened Noah WAS tall enough ... planning fail right there!

Whilst they were on Soarin' me, Caitlin and Noah headed to Club Cool to have a try of the different drinks. I managed to get Caitlin to try Beverley ... her face was a picture but sadly I only have a video of it on my phone, no pic! I think it's fair to see she didn't like it :pgig:

I decided to get us a Fanta slush to share, however, the CM said the Fanta wasn't working and offered us a Coke one instead, I ummed and ahhed then said yes. I asked if I could use a snack credit and the CM said it's fine just take it :spin: :P1x1e_Dust: some Disney Pixie Dust right there.

Next we headed round to queue for Joy and Sadness. I kept Chris updated with where we were and he and Thomas managed to join us just before we went in.

This was one of our favourite meets. Joy and Sadness were brilliant. Noah absolutely loves Inside Out, he even has 3 different Bing Bongs :pgig: Such a shame that Bing Bong isn't there though! Just look at that little face man!

I love this picture of joys arm, it looks to me like she's hypermobile like me and Noah :pgig:

Just as we were leaving Noah decided he wanted to ask Joy a question. Now none of us, even Noah can remember what he asked her :pgig: But after he'd asked her Joy pointed to Sadness as Sadness was pointing to herself, he took this as he needed to ask Sadness a question too so he asked her 'Why are you so sad?' It was such a lovely interaction and great that they didn't rush us away when Noah had finally plucked up the courage to actually speak to them.

It was around 4.10pm by the time we left here so we decided to start walking round World Showcase. As we left Joy and Sadness Pluto was having a Meet N Greet just outside to the right. Even though we'd met Pluto the first day we didn't manage to get an autograph as we didn't have the autograph books so we joined the queue which wasn't very big at all. They closed the queue just after us so we were lucky.

This was another fun meet n greet with Pluto messing with the boys

Pluto then waved me and Chris into the photo too :pgig:

Noah then asked Pluto if he would like a years supply of dog bones ... he loved the idea of this and did a little dance :pgig:

Next we headed round to The Refreshment Port as we were all quite thirsty here. We got a coke, water and Chris wanted a 'Pineapple Soft Serve'. Now I'm pretty sure everyone here would know what that is ... not Chris ... I have no idea what he thought it was and he doesn't either :pgig: he doesn't like pineapple, infact there's only Caitlin who does, but she doesn't like ice cream :pgig: This ended up being a waste :mad:

Next up we headed to Canada and got the cheddar cheese soup and fliet mignon to share. We both really enjoyed the Filet. We liked the soup however I did find it a bit too rich, the boys loved the pretzel bread :d:

We had a little wander round to England and had a look around the gardens and in the shops. I think the pavillions are done so well in Epcot. The boys were peckish so we got them a fish and chips to share from the Yorkshire Fish N Chip Shop. Chris and I had a little taste and these were quite nice. The boys really enjoyed them and it was just enough for the 2 of them.

Next we headed round to France where we got some photos and Magic Shots :D

We then went to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie. There was so many different things we wanted to try here but we knew we'd have to carry them around the Epcot for the evening and they probably wouldn't fare too well so we got a Macaroon and an Eclair to share. I wasn't too keen on the Macaroon but Chris enjoyed it and the Eclair was lovely too.

We then headed to Morocco and had a mooch around there before we walked round to the Japanese Pavillion. The boys loved this for one reason only ...

They're both Pokemon daft :pgig:

We had a look around the shops and the area before moving on the USA where we got a funnel cake to share. This was lovely, we all really enjoyed this ... apart from Caitlin who doesn't like donuts. She did try it but didn't like it.

The kid's also traded some pins here

We took a few photos in Italy and had a little walk around, it was really busy now and we were all starting to get really tired too :zzz:

Next up was Germany and the shop I most looking forward too ... Karamel Kuche!

I wanted some snacks for Illuminations, we were dying to try the caramel popcorn. We also got a snack each from the counter. I can't remember everything we got I'm afraid so will just have to go off pictures.

We also got some bottles of pop here too. We ate these whilst waiting for Illuminations. Thomas enjoyed his cookie and Caitlin enjoyed her caramel covered strawberry. We all loved the caramel popcorn. I think Chris got the butter bar and he found it really really sickly. I got a snickerdoodle which I really enjoyed too. Noah enjoyed his caramel covered marshmallow.

After we got the snacks we had a little look around China then headed to Mexico. I wanted to do Grand Fiesta Tour but the queue was HUGE! We waited whilst the kid's created a skeleton from Coco. There was a big queue for this too.

We popped back to Norway to have a look around the Bakery but there was nothing that took our fancy in there. I had heard that San Angel was a fab place to view Illuminations so we went to see if we could get a table. The lady said we could look for a table but it was busy. Chris went and had a look and we decided to just leave it.

We ended up going and sitting on the floor between Norway and China. Our feet ached, we were tired and we were just ready to go back :pgig: We ended up being sat for over an hour waiting for illuminations. I wrote up my notes, the kid's coloured and played on their tablets. We could see a thunderstorm in the distance and Chris managed to get some good photos!

Illuminations started at 9pm. Now I'm not keen on this, I'm not sure why, I just don't think it has the wow factor that Fantasmic and HEA have.

Tonight was EMH at Epcot and I'd told the kids we could do Test Track if they were up to it. Well of course they were so we headed over that way. I knew that FP's weren't available in EMH but I didn't realise you couldn't use the DAS pass too. The wait time was showing 40 minutes already so I said we would just leave it as there was no way Noah could cope waiting that long, the CM told us to just go through the FP line and she informed another CM we would be coming along.

We were in by 9.36pm and designing our cars. I honestly can't remember who sat with who on this ride :pgig: but what I do remember is that just as we were about to board the people who were getting out had food with them for some reason and spilled it all over the car! It wasn't just a pack of crisps or something it was a a full on chicken nugget meal and coke all over! We had to wait for the next car which then out synced our cars so we never got to see the stats which was disappointing, this also added 10 minutes onto the ride whilst we waited for them to change the cars over :(

Once off we headed to the exit as we were all exhausted by this point. It was 10pm, we were back in the room by 10.30pm and kids were fast asleep by 10.45pm. Another fab but exhausting day.

Due to being full from BoG we didn't try half of the snacks we planned too, we really didn't anticipate just how much food would be involved!

Steps: 17,627
Snacks: 25 USED – 42 LEFT
QS Credits:6 USED- 14 LEFT
TS Credits: 0 USED - 10 LEFT
[/SIZE]

Cinderella 22 Feb 19 08:37 PM

Great day :-)

mick 22 Feb 19 09:39 PM

A fabulous day :spin:

Joan :wave:

Goldia 23 Feb 19 09:04 AM

Some great character meets today. It's lovely when the kids get into it all, have fun and enjoy themselves.

The bag was lovely, but if you're never going to use it, it's nice to think it's going to a good cause!

You got a couple of little pixie dust moments today, with the drink and then on test track skipping the line. Although I suppose you didn't really need the gift of the drink as you had so many credits, even the cast members are not helping you use them up!

I also loved the magic shots with Remy you all look like you're enjoying yourselves to me.

DisneyDaffodil 23 Feb 19 09:24 AM

What a busy day, looks as if you all had fun 😃 . I love the way Noah has become more interactive and confident with the characters as the holiday has gone on, I think Disney can help children feel comfortable and at ease. I know it’s busy and the crowds are hard to deal with but I think children see past the queues and just love the magic of the place 😃. His face is pure joy when he meets Joy and Sadness, so is Thomas and Caitlin’s.

We enjoyed BoG lunch on both times we have eaten there, but they did take a long time to bring ours this visit too.

I agree about Illuminations too, it’s our least favourite evening show. It’s good but lacks the excitement or story of others for us.

caitlinsmummy 23 Feb 19 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinderella (Post 13703095)
Great day :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 13703210)
A fabulous day :spin:

Joan :wave:

Thank you both :) xx

caitlinsmummy 23 Feb 19 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldia (Post 13703707)
Some great character meets today. It's lovely when the kids get into it all, have fun and enjoy themselves.

The bag was lovely, but if you're never going to use it, it's nice to think it's going to a good cause!

You got a couple of little pixie dust moments today, with the drink and then on test track skipping the line. Although I suppose you didn't really need the gift of the drink as you had so many credits, even the cast members are not helping you use them up!

I also loved the magic shots with Remy you all look like you're enjoying yourselves to me.

The character meets were fab and the kids were really getting into them too. I'm hoping they'll be the same when we go back :)

That's what I thought too, there sought after on FB group I'm on and as the lady lived locally I also ended up getting more or less what I paid for it :thumbs-up so I didn't lose out on anything.

We did and I had exactly the same though with the drink :pgig: but what's the saying? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. It was nice and refreshing though, I just wish we'd managed to get more throughout the holiday, we also just got coke, sprite or water to drink.

Noah loved the magic shots, we had to let them all have a go, so Thomas and Caitlin had a go the next day in MK :) Sadly we didn't realise we actually had to ask for Magic Shots till this day so we don't have many :(

I can't wait to see how you and Kate got on in DLP :D xx

caitlinsmummy 23 Feb 19 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 13703737)
What a busy day, looks as if you all had fun 😃 . I love the way Noah has become more interactive and confident with the characters as the holiday has gone on, I think Disney can help children feel comfortable and at ease. I know it’s busy and the crowds are hard to deal with but I think children see past the queues and just love the magic of the place 😃. His face is pure joy when he meets Joy and Sadness, so is Thomas and Caitlin’s.

We enjoyed BoG lunch on both times we have eaten there, but they did take a long time to bring ours this visit too.

I agree about Illuminations too, it’s our least favourite evening show. It’s good but lacks the excitement or story of others for us.

It was definitely very tiring and we were starting to look forward to a sit down :pgig:

I know I was so surprised but it was amazing to watch, especially for a child who really struggles to communicate correctly with people. It definitely does, hopefully he's the same on our day there in May. They all did, I think they were all enjoying it so much more because they knew it was coming to the end of the holiday if that makes sense?

It is lovely, I want to try the Croque Monsieur, I think that's what it's called, next time. I've had notifications of 2 cancelled lunches but it's been 1am and 3am when I've been asleep :cry: Hopefully we'll get one, if not I have a reservation at Plaza as a back up.

Yeah I think that's what it was with us, I understand it takes a while for the globe to cross the lake but that wastes so much time doing nothing. But it's coming to an end this year isn't it? X

DisneyDaffodil 23 Feb 19 09:57 AM

I get what you mean about throwing yourselves into the last few days and making sure you enjoy every moment. It’s that feeling of sadness that it’s coming to an end but happy to be there 😃

Hope you get your BoG adr for next visit, won’t be long now will it? 😀

Will the replacement for Illuminations have started by the time you are there? Although I guess you are going to MK only if you have a one day ticket. I would be hopeless with a one day ticket, couldn’t decide which park to go to 😂

caitlinsmummy 23 Feb 19 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 13703802)
I get what you mean about throwing yourselves into the last few days and making sure you enjoy every moment. It’s that feeling of sadness that it’s coming to an end but happy to be there 😃

Hope you get your BoG adr for next visit, won’t be long now will it? 😀

Will the replacement for Illuminations have started by the time you are there? Although I guess you are going to MK only if you have a one day ticket. I would be hopeless with a one day ticket, couldn’t decide which park to go to 😂

It definitely is isn't it ... although you and Georgia seem to have such chilled days ... I'm so jealous :pgig:

Thank you I do too! I'm tempted to turning my phone onto sounds during the night in the hope I wake for the email if it comes through :d: how sad is that?! Not long at all now 84 days!

I'm not sure I don't think it starts till June so probably not which is a shame.

Well ... we actually have a park hopper ticket now but I won't go into details. So I'm planning to do MK for most of the day then head over to HS around 5/6pm do Slinky, TSM, RnR and ToT before Fantasmic at 9pm ... so wish me luck :pgig:

It's going to be a long day ... we then have Universal for 2 days after that, but we have express passes with staying at HRH and the parks are open till 9pm both nights so plenty of time to do stuff ... hopefully haha. I was tempted to try the 4 day park challenge but I think the kid's would rather just ride rides :pgig: xx