theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Disney price increases now even making front page of the Daily Mail website. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1224972)

YorkshireT 24 May 22 08:39 AM

Disney price increases now even making front page of the Daily Mail website.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-vacation.html

BIGDENNIS10UK 24 May 22 08:52 AM

Getting rid of free parking at the hotels is such a tight move lol.

I gotta admit, even in here which is a fan site, you are hearing more and more bad reviews, but the constant ripping off of their customers doesn’t look good.

It was always very expensive, but I used to say it was still worth it, but now it seems the experience isn’t living up the prices.

Tinkerbell 24 May 22 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDENNIS10UK (Post 15462436)

I gotta admit, even in here which is a fan site, you are hearing more and more bad reviews, but the constant ripping off of their customers doesn’t look good.

It was always very expensive, but I used to say it was still worth it, but now it seems the experience isn’t living up the prices.

Exactly this. WDW has always been expensive but you felt you had value for your spend. Now I am hard pressed to see the value for my money at WDW

MarkUK 24 May 22 09:09 AM

It’s the reason we have dropped it. You either pay the prices or you don’t. We won’t, others will.

pompeyboy 24 May 22 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDENNIS10UK (Post 15462436)

I was chatting with my now grown up lad, when they were younger I used to buy 14 day tickets for Disney and the 14 day flex ticket, Universal, SeaWorld wet and wild and Busch. I was the sole wage earner and buying 5 tickets.

As you say it wasn't cheap but affordable and doable, you could pretty much do a park a day too.

Just looked and it would be the best part of £5k today and you would struggle to get around all the parks in 2 weeks. A shame but while the parks are still so busy it ain't going to get cheaper 😟

Nimbus 24 May 22 12:42 PM

Thank god a Disney holiday is now out of reach of the middle classes (and, I assume, has long been out of reach of all the lower class oiks).

Imagine how busy WDW would be if it was affordable to everyone!

Also, it must mean all the DIBBers who have visited recently must be upper class toffs. :grin:

BTW, I think the Daily Mail must have been scammed if they paid $3780 for a 4 night stay at a Disney value resort.

louiseybobs 24 May 22 12:46 PM

We are on honeymoon here at the moment and after the first day we’ve both said we won’t be back. That’s never happened before and and we’ve been 10 times.

novocastrian 24 May 22 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 15462417)

$3780 on accommodation for a 4 day stay :grin:

aye right

Moorlandman 24 May 22 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louiseybobs (Post 15462792)
We are on honeymoon here at the moment and after the first day we’ve both said we won’t be back. That’s never happened before and and we’ve been 10 times.

Congrats on the wedding and it must be nice to have your honeymoon at Disney.

What is putting you off returning? We are still debating Disney or Universal for our August trip

louiseybobs 24 May 22 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moorlandman (Post 15462911)
Congrats on the wedding and it must be nice to have your honeymoon at Disney.

What is putting you off returning? We are still debating Disney or Universal for our August trip

When we came back in 2019 the extra magic hours meant we could be in some of the parks for 6:30-7, done by 10 and leisurely enjoy the rest of our day, now we can’t get in as early and are stuck queuing an hour and sometimes more for a 30 second experience and it just doesn’t seem worth it anymore.

That along with food prices, and how busy it is.

The past 5 times we’ve stayed at Disney so I understand we are feeling the difference more so compared to guests who stay offsite and didn’t have those benefits anyway.

It’s good! It’s just not that good anymore.

James is 8, and I think we enjoyed our universal day the most so far. Could be something to think about in the future but I think we will tour the rest of the world now.