theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Pool closed at Sequioa Lodge (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1126541)

877 30 Apr 19 03:38 PM

Pool closed at Sequioa Lodge

I must be the last to find out, but I just saw that the pool and gym will be closed for refurb at Sequioa Lodge for our July stay.

Guest will be able to use the Newport Bay facilities - “subject to availability”!

Now I don’t want to ruin the Disney magic, but I am not too happy at paying full price for GF club to find two of the main facilities are closed. Also don’t fancy walking between hotels with wet trunks 😊

As we booked with Magic Breaks, where should I direct my complaint? I would be happy with some rebate or vouchers etc.. paying full price is a bit cheeky I think.

Gill H 30 Apr 19 04:01 PM

To be honest in 11 visits I have yet to use a pool. Never have time!

The NPB one looks nicer anyway and it is only 5 min walk away.

The pool is not a GF perk, anyone staying there can use it.

Didn’t even know there was a gym!

877 30 Apr 19 04:12 PM

I kinda knew I would get at least one reply like this 😂

We actually love using the pool, and I always use the gym. As we are staying for 6 nights we will have plenty of room to do so.

I know the pool is not a perk, I am paying for it and chose the hotel according to one being available.

Just asking where is best to direct my objection to it being unavailable 👍

Lisa123wm 30 Apr 19 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13815810)
To be honest in 11 visits I have yet to use a pool. Never have time!

The NPB one looks nicer anyway and it is only 5 min walk away.

The pool is not a GF perk, anyone staying there can use it.

Didn’t even know there was a gym!

In my 11 trips, I’ve also never used a pool. However, the kids did at NPB and enjoyed it.
In summer, it’s a great hotel and the pool adds to it imo.
Off to DCR this year for the first time, the pool also looks good there, so maybe the kids will use it 🙂

Lisa123wm 30 Apr 19 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 877 (Post 13815835)
I kinda knew I would get at lest one reply like this 😂

We actually love using the pool, and I always use the gym. As we are staying for 6 nights we will have plenty of room to do so.

I know the pool is not a perk, I am paying for it and chose the hotel according to one being available.

Just asking where is best to direct my objection to it being available 👍

Maybe ask to move to NPB instead?
I’d choose that over SL in the summer anyway and the other way around in winter 🤔

877 30 Apr 19 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm (Post 13815837)
In my 11 trips, I’ve also never used a pool. However, the kids did at NPB and enjoyed it.
In summer, it’s a great hotel and the pool adds to it imo.
Off to DCR this year for the first time, the pool also looks good there, so maybe the kids will use it 🙂

I hope the pool is open when you get there 😂

877 30 Apr 19 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm (Post 13815842)
Maybe ask to move to NPB instead?
I’d choose that over SL in the summer anyway and the other way around in winter 🤔

Yes I might look at that thanks, why do you prefer different hotels in different seasons?

Gill H 30 Apr 19 04:38 PM

Yes, I would say try NPB instead then.

Both are nice, NPB is more recently renovated and arguably the nautical, light and airy feel may be a better fit for summer.

SL is woodsy and cosy, more suited to winter perhaps.

Sorry, didn’t want to downplay your annoyance, more to reassure you that it wasn’t a disaster. But if the pool and gym are important to you, it sounds like NPB would be a better fit.

877 30 Apr 19 04:43 PM

No worries, I appreciate the information thanks 👍

Lisa123wm 30 Apr 19 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 877 (Post 13815853)
Yes I might look at that thanks, why do you prefer different hotels in different seasons?

Gill has described my reasons perfectly 🙂