theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   (2022) Hopefully we don’t gain too many lbs! 22 day food report for Disney & Universal (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1222927)

Florida1972 19 May 22 11:19 PM

Great start 👍
Looking forward to reading more 😊

Ohanaa 20 May 22 11:42 AM

Day 1

So as we were up so early and Ohana wasn’t booked until 11.45 we stopped in the food court again before catching the bus to Magic Kingdom.

We got 3 x kids Mickey waffle breakfasts and a cup cake. The cupcake was good and my son loved it as when we gave it to him to take a bite he rammed the whole thing in his gob😂

After doing Magic kingdom for a bit we went to Ohana’s for breakfast and we really enjoyed this. Everything tasted good and I really enjoyed the scrambled egg. The service was really brilliant but we did feel a little rushed. My son literally didn’t eat anything though as he was just in one of his funny moods🙁 He did drink plenty of pog juice.
As we were finishing up The table next to us had a Mickey Mouse celebration cake delivered and after they cut it up they asked if we would like a slice each as they had loads left and couldn’t take it with them… Before I could even say anything my daughter said yes please 😂 so We had a couple of slices of the cake even though we were already so so full.
I didn’t take pictures of this as I felt too awkward to do it but it was really good! Way better then what I was expecting.

We then went back to Magic kingdom via the boat and later on we got a Fanta strawberry float and a citrus swirl from sunshine terrace. Both were nice although my daughter strawberry float went everywhere as it was over flowed.

We decided to go back to the hotel and have a play in the pool and then get ready for Disney springs but straight after the pool my daughter said her tummy felt funny in the room and within 15 minutes she was sick ☹️ this actually continued all night which she was very upset about as she can’t remember being sick before it was that long ago as she’s rarely ill.

We have no food in the room so my partner took our son up to the food hall to grab something for tea for himself and our son and I was going to go up after when he got back... So i have no pictures of their meals and in the end I didn’t go up either.

Not the evening we planned as we didn’t want to use the food court again. Fingers crossed my daughter wakes up feeling better as she was certain it was too much pool water she must of drank by accident 😂😂

Ohanaa 20 May 22 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmellyDelly (Post 15455521)
Have a lovely day!

Could I ask how your son got on with his LFT, how the process was? My lad is non verbal, age 10 (had Downs and Autism)and goes absolutely mad when we try and do a test. I'm just wondering how it was?

Not going until October but it's the bit I'm dreading 🙈😁

Honestly, it was ok until we had to do the LFT on him so they asked for me to show the passports and read the passport numbers etc and then they asked for us to all be in the frame together so we got him to sit on the chair which was ok but then it came to doing the LFT on him he wasn’t having any of it so his dad had to kind of place him on his lap and hold down his arms down and try to hold his head still ..all while our son developed the strength of hulk trying to get away/arch his back like toddlers do when they don’t want to be put in the pram and screaming! So much screaming😅

I kind of rushed to do on him amongst the screaming and to be honest I think the women took pity on us as after a few second up each side she said that was fine and we could stop! Il be forever grateful.

We kind of knew what to expect and we knew we would basically have to pin him down somehow to do it😅 he was exactly how I expected him to be. A pain in the ass 😂😂

He probably thought it was the worst day of his life as I also took him for a hair cut a couple of hours later too 😂😂😂🤪

ClaireNJ 20 May 22 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohanaa (Post 15456967)
Day 1

So as we were up so early and Ohana wasn’t booked until 11.45 we stopped in the food court again before catching the bus to Magic Kingdom.

We got 3 x kids Mickey waffle breakfasts and a cup cake. The cupcake was good and my son loved it as when we gave it to him to take a bite he rammed the whole thing in his gob😂

After doing Magic kingdom for a bit we went to Ohana’s for breakfast and we really enjoyed this. Everything tasted good and I really enjoyed the scrambled egg. The service was really brilliant but we did feel a little rushed. My son literally didn’t eat anything though as he was just in one of his funny moods🙁 He did drink plenty of pog juice.
As we were finishing up The table next to us had a Mickey Mouse celebration cake delivered and after they cut it up they asked if we would like a slice each as they had loads left and couldn’t take it with them… Before I could even say anything my daughter said yes please 😂 so We had a couple of slices of the cake even though we were already so so full.
I didn’t take pictures of this as I felt too awkward to do it but it was really good! Way better then what I was expecting.

We then went back to Magic kingdom via the boat and later on we got a Fanta strawberry float and a citrus swirl from sunshine terrace. Both were nice although my daughter strawberry float went everywhere as it was over flowed.

We decided to go back to the hotel and have a play in the pool and then get ready for Disney springs but straight after the pool my daughter said her tummy felt funny in the room and within 15 minutes she was sick ☹️ this actually continued all night which she was very upset about as she can’t remember being sick before it was that long ago as she’s rarely ill.

We have no food in the room so my partner took our son up to the food hall to grab something for tea for himself and our son and I was going to go up after when he got back... So i have no pictures of their meals and in the end I didn’t go up either.

Not the evening we planned as we didn’t want to use the food court again. Fingers crossed my daughter wakes up feeling better as she was certain it was too much pool water she must of drank by accident 😂😂

WOW what a day
Waffles
Cupcakes
And extra birthday cake too, that was very kind of them 💕
Looks lovely
That cupcake 🧁🧁😋😋😋

Goldia 20 May 22 07:55 PM

Oh no I hope your daughter is better in the morning...too much of the good life maybe?

The day at MK and late breakfast at Ohana looked fab. Lovely that the table next to you shared their birthday cake.

SmellyDelly 20 May 22 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohanaa (Post 15456994)
Honestly, it was ok until we had to do the LFT on him so they asked for me to show the passports and read the passport numbers etc and then they asked for us to all be in the frame together so we got him to sit on the chair which was ok but then it came to doing the LFT on him he wasn’t having any of it so his dad had to kind of place him on his lap and hold down his arms down and try to hold his head still ..all while our son developed the strength of hulk trying to get away/arch his back like toddlers do when they don’t want to be put in the pram and screaming! So much screaming😅

I kind of rushed to do on him amongst the screaming and to be honest I think the women took pity on us as after a few second up each side she said that was fine and we could stop! Il be forever grateful.

We kind of knew what to expect and we knew we would basically have to pin him down somehow to do it😅 he was exactly how I expected him to be. A pain in the ass 😂😂

He probably thought it was the worst day of his life as I also took him for a hair cut a couple of hours later too 😂😂😂🤪

Hahaha thank you for the response... yup, that will possibly be our experience. Glad it wasn't too bad and thanks for the reassurance! Hopefully we won't need it in October but you never know!

Hope your daughter feels better today!

Ohanas is definitely on our breakfast list now. Looked great! 😘

lcm23 20 May 22 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohanaa (Post 15434881)
I am a self confessed snacker with a massive sweet tooth. I prefer to snack throughout the day then eat meals and would pick a pudding over a main meal every time if I could. I have seen lots of snacks I want to try in Disney/Universal.

I woman after my own heart. When I look back at my recent food report I feel I should have come back diabetic the amount of sugar consumed!

4holibobs 20 May 22 11:00 PM

Hope your daughter is better now 😊

Kellea 21 May 22 02:47 PM

Great start! Hope your daughter is feeling better x

Ohanaa 22 May 22 02:19 PM

Day 2 -

Today was a bit of mixed day. My daughter still felt unwell when waking up so me and her stayed in the room and my partner and son went to animal kingdom together.

I grabbed a warm cinnamon bun from the food court before they left as we had no food in the room. I thought this was really good. It was soft and I love sweet things so loved all the icing!😂

Come lunch time I was starving and my daughter said she was hungry too so we walked back up to the food court to sit outside and get some fresh air for her too. I had the honey bbq chicken sandwich. This came with fries and I was surprised on how much I enjoyed this. For a food court in a lower value hotel in Disney (all stars) I was surprised at how nice some of their food actually is. I got my daughter the kids chicken strip meal but she hardly touched this and said she felt bad again so we went back to the room.

Ash came back an hour later and we kind of done a swap so I went to animal kingdom with our son.

We got spiced corn from a place in the Africa area to share (can’t remember the name of the stall). I thought it could of done with more spice but overall I would get it again.

I also got my daughter the simba refillable popcorn bucket and my son loved the popcorn.

We also picked up a big Mickey chocolate chip cookie and a wethers all butter caramel bar to take back to the room for us all to try. I didn’t rate the caramel bar. I couldn’t really taste much caramel flavour and we all agreed on that.

The Mickey head was a hit though.

This is pretty much all we had all day. Ash did have something from flame tree bbq for lunch with our son before he came back but forgot to take pictures and by the time I got back we were going to get Uber eats to save our daughter going out but the kids both fell asleep while me and Ash were looking so we just got an early night instead.