theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   (2022) Hopefully we don’t gain too many lbs! 22 day food report for Disney & Universal (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1222927)

Ohanaa 13 Aug 22 08:18 PM

Day 12 - Discovery cove day!

Food is included here so I tried my best to take pictures but it’s a bit of a pile on as my daughter wanted to try lots of stuff and she sneaked snacks in her bag back to the hotel without me realising 😅

We upgraded to the premium drinks package but I only took a picture of some of our drinks. I wish we never upgraded though as we were just so busy it was hard to sit and actually drink.

Ash and our daughter also did the dolphin swim twice as there was problem the the first time so they scheduled them for a second go later in the day.

We got there early and had breakfast straight away.

Breakfast…

Lunch…

Quick bite to eat before we left..

Some of our drinks..

Snacks my daughter put in her bag. No idea why she wanted so many Rice Krispie snacks as we buy these all the time at home so hardly new.

We had no park booked for this day so we went back to the hotel and had a swim in the pool.

On the evening we were hungry so we got a Uber eats of Wendy’s (I think it’s Wendy’s). They did mess up the order a bit but we just ate it all as we were tired and couldn’t be bothered to complain and wait.

Then bed time!

Ohanaa 13 Aug 22 08:40 PM

Day 13 - Epcot! Our last full day in Disney/Space 220.

Started the day with the cinnamon swirls as I really enjoyed them. One for me and one for my daughter.

We then went to Epcot and started working our way around the world trying a few things that took our fancy.

The cheese on the corn was really strong and ended up going in the bin as it was over whelming.

For lunch we stopped in the Chinese pavilion and got the below. This was a big hit and everyone loved it.

Daughter had a ice cream from Italy.

Late afternoon we had a reservation for space 220 lounge. This place had great theming and the food was nice but I wouldn’t personally go back again as we have done it now and I didn’t think it was that great. My daughter didn’t actually like her food and she didn’t like her drink either. From memory this come to about $160-$170 which was a lot really for what we had.

This is what we ordered above. My partners drink was a Long Island ice tree.

We watched the harmonious & rode the new guardians ride one last time after our meal before going back to the hotel.

Ohanaa 14 Aug 22 08:46 PM

Day 14 - Epcot/hotel change over to universal

Today was a very busy day since we had to change hotels to universal.

I managed to get a VQ time slot for the new guardians ride this morning and since we loved the ride we went and rode it one last time!

So we packed all out cases, checked out and left them at our hotel while we went to Epcot for a few hours.

I had to have my favourite breakfast of course before we went to Epcot and the kids shared a kids Waffle breakfast meal as well as they wanted 1 last Mickey waffle.

We also got a Starbucks while in Epcot.

After Epcot and before we changed hotels we stopped in McDonald’s for tea.

We then got a Uber to our hotel, Aventura. We had a look around the hotel before getting the transport to Universal as I just wanted to go there straight away regardless of how knackered we were.

We didn’t have anymore food today although my daughter did but a Acid pop in the Harry Potter part of Universal and we ate some snacks we had in the room.

orlandoamber 15 Aug 22 12:04 AM

So glad you’ve picked this back up again. :)

Some great looking food at Disney!

Ohanaa 15 Aug 22 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandoamber (Post 15592950)
So glad you’ve picked this back up again. :)

Some great looking food at Disney!

Thanks. I took all the pictures and intended to upload them when I got home but life just got in the way and before I knew it a couple of months had passed.

I wish I was back there though already!

Ohanaa 15 Aug 22 05:55 PM

Day 15 - First full day at Universal.

We had a lay in today for a change as we were all knackered from yesterday.

We went to Perkins for breakfast which was really nice overall. Ash enjoyed his but he did say the gravy was a bit too much on his meal and he wished it came on the side so he could add it himself.

My breakfast was huge. I would of said this was enough for 3 separate breakfasts in one. I’d never normally eat all that in one go.

1x French toast
1x pancakes
1x cooked breakfast

I never ate it all but gave it a good go.

The kids enjoyed theirs. My daughter loved the milkshake.

We then spent the day going around the parks and spent a huge amount of time in the Harry Potter bit. I absolutely loved this part of the parks and was very lucky to do hagrids 5 times during our stay.

When in Harry Potter it’s mandatory to have a ….

And a Gilly water

The kids had a apple each as a snack from our day at discovery cove.

My daughter also got picked for the wand ceremony at
Ollivanders! Such a great experience and I was so happy she was picked. Even if we did have to pay $60 ish dollars for the wand after!

Once we had our fill of the parks we went and got Panda Express!
I love this kind of food and we had it a few more times after as well 🫣😂
The orange chicken was lovely.

We got a Uber once we left the parks and went to Walmart. We stocked up on a few more snacks and some sweets for my daughters friends to bring home.

I also got my favourite treat of the holiday…. It’s a shame they don’t do these here! I ate them while relaxing by the pool by the fire at our hotel which was a perfect end to the day.

Ohanaa 16 Aug 22 09:48 PM

Day 16 - Volcano bay.

Today was spent at Volcano bay. We all had cereal in the room before left.

My daughter had her usual at Starbucks.

We got a couple of the grab and go pizzas for lunch to share at Volcano bay. The kids were in heaven. They loved these!

We then went back to the same place for food before we left Volcano bay. The kids had burgers and we had a pulled pork burger each. The pizzas were better.

We had a few snacks in the room that we bought from Walmart and then On the evening we headed to the good old wizarding world again.

The frozen butter beers are by far the best out of the selection. I wish I could make them at home!

Today was fairly food light. It’s hard to eat loads when you are so busy and it’s so hot!

Excited6910 24 Aug 22 09:45 AM

Loved this report, thank you. I know I could never keep up with doing one so I really appreciate those that can 😊

Ohanaa 12 Mar 23 10:20 AM

Day 17 - Orlando premium outlets & Universal.

Breakfast in the room this morning before heading to the Orlando outlets which was recommended by a Uber driver.

While there we got a couple of caramel shakes from the hagan daz shop. My daughter also had a star bucks. These shakes were really filling and I remember feeling so full and sick after from all the caramel.

At lunch time we went to golden coral. Once seated and looking at the food I didn’t end up taking any pictures. I hated the place. The table next to us were talking about how they recently got out of prison and guns and I honestly felt like I was in the ghetto. So we ate quickly (as you pay when you get in) and left. Worst meal of the trip and it was my sons birthday so I felt terrible I’d taken him there.

After much shopping & a disaster of a meal we headed back to our hotel to get the Muggles ready for food at the hogs head. This place was packed and it was hard to find a seat but we did eventually.

This food was ok, although I think it was on the small size even for kids. 1 tiny bit of fish is very small in my opionion but it was nice and we enjoyed eating in there for the experience. My partner didn’t have anything as he said he wasn’t hungry. I’m not sure what he did have as I don’t have any further pictures for food for that day but I presume he didn’t starve.

Ohanaa 12 Mar 23 10:46 AM

Day 18 - IHOP, Pool, universal.

We took a Uber to IHOP this morning for breakfast. Which was probably one of the best breakfasts we had on the trip.

My daughter had a Oreo milkshake which came in a pint glass so she loved that.

I forgot to take many picture as it was that good but I’d go back 100%.

After a late breakfast we went and chilled by the hotel pool for a while and had a few cocktails/drinks.

Once the weather improved we headed to the parks and did a few more rides. I think we did Hagrids motorbike ride about 5 times alone on this trip as it was a firm fav with our family.

We got a The big pink doughnut to share will we walked around the parks. My daughter loved this and it was the size of her head!

For our evening meal we had the one and only Panda Express again as my daughter loved the orange chicken!

I had this complete with another butterbeer. After Panda Express we headed back to the parks.

We completed the day by watching the light show at universal on the evening before crashing in bed.