theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Magic 3 do WDW again May 2022 - Travel Day (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1227091)

MrsSilverStar 12 Jun 22 02:07 PM

The Magic 3 do WDW again May 2022 - Travel Day

Hello, we’re back for another trip report after an amazing two weeks in the Disney bubble in May/June 2022.

This was our second trip to the magic, our first was in October 2019 and we also visited DLP in February 2018 - links to those reports are in my signature.

Right, on with the report!

Travel Day

Obviously we’d passed our covid tests the day before - I really thought they’d have been scrapped by the time of our holiday but it turns out I was a few weeks early! So happy for all of you who don’t need to worry about them anymore, definitely made it tricky to really believe we were actually going on holiday.

Our taxi picked us up at 6.30am for a quick trip to Heathrow. Our driver was a super chatty Scot who didn’t let us out at the other end until he’d finished his story :pgig:
We had to pay the extra £5 that Heathrow now charges for drop offs, and we managed to ignore all the signs and go to the wrong Virgin counter but eventually we were checked in and through security.

It was all very fast thankfully, I’d been worried after all the horror stories in the news lately - our only delay was Heath getting a full pat down and swabbing, he clearly looks like a dodgy 10-year-old!

I’d originally booked the No.1 Lounge but they’d emailed saying we’d been moved to the Aspire Lounge as there was no space at the other one - well I don’t know if No.1 would’ve been better but Aspire was rubbish! The food and coffee was nasty, they’d blocked off loads of tables and there weren’t enough loos. We’ll definitely avoid it in the future.

The flight was itself was fine - felt long but all went smoothly. We were in premium but the new planes don’t have the upstairs bit anymore and it was definitely nicer up there.

Security at Orlando was super fast too - we were so lucky with this on the trip - and our bags appeared nice and early. At check in, a Virgin member of staff had warned us to be careful about picking up the right Disney suitcases because she’d seen so many before…no one else had any on our flight but she still made us feel like Disney sheep!
(Photo from our previous trip)

We got a Lyft to our home for the next two weeks, the Polynesian. It cost $43 including tip and we were there by 4pm.

We were in a first floor room in Rarotonga, which was really close to the pool, food and monorail.
The greeter was hilarious - he covered Heath in leis and was full of jokes - “Where are you from?” UK. “Yeah I’m fine” - a lovely welcome!

As it was only early evening, we obviously had to head to the Magic Kingdom and have our first ride on the monorail!

It was so amazing to see the castle and be back in the magic after such a crazy couple of years.

I have a rule that if I see a PhotoPass photographer without a queue, we’re getting photos - whether we’ve been up for 24 hours or not! So when I spotted one on Main Street, the boys were forced to get posing with me.

We’d pre-bought Genie+ (cost £293.58 for 3 of us for 14 days) and we’d been booking rides on the flight. However, it was obviously a really quiet day as we had to keep waiting for ride times to move late enough! We’d booked Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan by the time we arrived.

Peter Pan was our first ride of the holiday and the photos we’d just had taken on PhotoPass came through while we were walking in. I teared up as I looked at them…we’d actually made it to Disney World! We had 2 weeks of fun ahead and it was such a lovely feeling.

As Peter Pan was the ride we’d booked last, we could grab our next one once we’d tapped in and as it was quiet we just kept going straight from ride to ride - Big Thunder Mountain, then Pirates, followed by our earlier booking of Jungle Cruise and then Buzz before Mark put his foot down and insisted we go to bed as we were due to get up for rope drop at Hollywood Studios the following day. Good job one of us is sensible :d:

We came across one of the mini parades on our travels - loved these and so nice to have them just pop up suddenly.

We saw some forked lightening behind the castle which was awesome so we knew a storm was coming. We decided to grab dinner first and headed to Cosmic Ray’s.

We did a mobile order but it glitched and said we were there before our window even opened. I was stressed thinking we’d have to pay twice but when I explained it to a lovely CM there, she just said, “don’t worry, we’ll always take care of you here!” There it is, the Disney magic!
After we’d scoffed our nuggets, we got the monorail home, unpacked, showered and collapsed into bed to listen to the huge downpour going on outside.

firedance 12 Jun 22 02:44 PM

Awesome first day, packed a lot in at the house of mouse :grin:

Cinderella 12 Jun 22 04:32 PM

Looking forward to hearing more about the Poly 👍 We are staying here for part of our trip.

MrsSilverStar 12 Jun 22 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedance (Post 15491283)
Awesome first day, packed a lot in at the house of mouse :grin:

It really was an amazing first day! It’s making me happy just reliving it all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinderella (Post 15491416)
Looking forward to hearing more about the Poly 👍 We are staying here for part of our trip.

We loved the Poly - but it definitely felt like a party resort more than a peaceful one! The monorail was fab, loved the pool but can be tricky to get a sunbed at busy times, Trader Sam’s is so fun and watching the fireworks from the dock/beach/pool is magical.

mick 13 Jun 22 01:10 PM

Good travel day

Joan :wave:

Goldia 18 Jun 22 07:10 AM

Eek, you've started! I've had a hectic week so I haven't looked at the dibb at all, oh the shame!

And my goodness me I can't believe you made it to MK on travel day, we've never had the energy for that! It seemed like Genie+ was willing you to stay longer in the park! At least Mark was sensible. Oh and I can't believe how grown up Heath looks.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report Tara!

Pep 18 Jun 22 07:44 AM

We stayed at the poly for 4 nights in 2019 really loved everything about the place

MrsSilverStar 18 Jun 22 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldia (Post 15499211)
Eek, you've started! I've had a hectic week so I haven't looked at the dibb at all, oh the shame!

And my goodness me I can't believe you made it to MK on travel day, we've never had the energy for that! It seemed like Genie+ was willing you to stay longer in the park! At least Mark was sensible. Oh and I can't believe how grown up Heath looks.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report Tara!

I was determined to see that castle asap 😄 I think it helped us get on US time very quickly too.

Thanks for reading Abby x

MrsSilverStar 18 Jun 22 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pep (Post 15499234)
We stayed at the poly for 4 nights in 2019 really loved everything about the place

We loved it too, such a beautiful resort - would love to be back there now!

kadypants 18 Jun 22 10:48 PM

Fab travel day! Looking forward to reading more.