theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 5 - Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1227844)

sha9 19 Jun 22 03:28 PM

The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 5 - Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs

The dining report for today is here.
Since yesterday hadn't really been much of a rest day Mum had already decided she wasn’t coming to AK today and Dad said he’d just stay with her and rest his knee. Marie and I agreed we’d set the alarm on time for LL selections but otherwise get up when we woke naturally and based on what times we'd got. I woke about half 5 and dozed for around an hour. Marie was awake by then so we got ready and I showered while Marie made the LL selections. There was a bit of a hiccup with FoP as could only get late afternoon but I suggested she keep trying having read something on the Dibb and she managed to get 8.50am. We had coffee and a muffin then headed over about 8ish.
We headed straight to FoP and after we rode had a Night Blossom and shared French toast sticks.

Marie had also got the safari for 1.35pm and at 9.30am (two hours after park opening) I booked dinosaur then canceled the safari as it was a bit late for us. We played about with the LL but once we cancelled the safari we could still only have one booked. We managed to ride dinosaur and Everest with LL close together which then allowed us to made one for the safari at 12.40pm. After Everest we did the Maharaja Jungle Trek. My photos are terrible. The tigers weren't there at all this trip. We never got round to asking why.

We’re hungry after this so agreed on Yak & Yeti table service for lunch since we were nearby.

Even with the Landry card we waited about 15 mins. We ordered the wok fried green beans while we decided what we wanted. Marie got a Sprite and I got a Shanghai lemonade passion fruit flavour. She also brought me a water.

We'd already started eating these!

Marie ordered the burger and the server said she liked it with mushrooms and Gouda. Marie couldn’t remember what the menu said it came with so said yes but it turns out the Gouda was 99c extra. And she didn't even really want the mushrooms.

I ordered beef kabobs from the specials menu. These were nice with a bit of spice. The specials menu doesn’t give you prices and it turned out these were $34.

We ended up spending $100 on lunch and paid cash because any other method was just too difficult. They no longer have a hand scanner for Magic Bands which was annoying but the most annoying part was I forgot to handover my Landry card to get the points as we would have spent enough overall for a $25 reward :mad:.
After lunch we did the safari with our LL slot. We waited about 20 mins.

We left after that and got back to the resort about 2ish. We relaxed a bit and ate the last of the pie with a coffee.

We had dinner booked at Chef Art's Homecoming' tonight so headed over to Disney Springs around 4ish with Mum & Dad planning on meeting us there on the boat. We had a browse in a few shops and I swapped a t-shirt I had bought that was too big. We popped into Goofy's and bought some jelly beans.

We met up with Mum & Dad when they arrived and headed across to Homecomin’. We were seated fairly quickly after checking in.

Dad got the Shrimp Cocktail appetiser and shared Mums chicken.

I also got a slice of Hummingbird Cake to take away as I really enjoyed it last time. Mum got the donuts but I don't have a picture.

This was fine. I had booked it because the last time we came it was just fine but I felt it should have been better. Again I wasn't particularly blown away. The chicken was nice and I enjoyed it but not sure I get the hype for this place. We were able to pay with the dining credit by the server writing down the number. We had loads of chicken left so took it to go.

Marie got some beignets when we got back to the resort and I had one planning on having the cake tomorrow and maybe Wednesday (which I did).

Goldia 19 Jun 22 07:33 PM

Great that Marie managed to snag an earlier FOP lightning lane, although it does seem to take some dedication at times and I'm certain I'm not going to enjoy that part of it. What a mess Disney have created.

I wasn't going to book Homecomin as I kind of think like you that it's basically posh KFC. Don't get me wrong I like KFC, and in the end I decided we will do the brunch at Homecomin on our no parks day. Fingers crossed we enjoy it, but I suspect I'm going to be somewhat underwhelmed.

sha9 19 Jun 22 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldia (Post 15501426)
Great that Marie managed to snag an earlier FOP lightning lane, although it does seem to take some dedication at times and I'm certain I'm not going to enjoy that part of it. What a mess Disney have created.

I wasn't going to book Homecomin as I kind of think like you that it's basically posh KFC. Don't get me wrong I like KFC, and in the end I decided we will do the brunch at Homecomin on our no parks day. Fingers crossed we enjoy it, but I suspect I'm going to be somewhat underwhelmed.

Yes LL selections are a bit of a minefield :cry:.

I did try to get Homecomin’ brunch for Mother’s Day but left it too late. I’m sure I’ll read all about your booking :d:. I would maybe go for lunch but there are so many other places I prefer at Disney.

mick 20 Jun 22 12:48 PM

Another good day :spin: hope yourMum and Dad enjoyed a relaxing day!

Joan :wave:

sha9 20 Jun 22 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 15502250)
Another good day :spin: hope yourMum and Dad enjoyed a relaxing day!

Joan :wave:

They had pulled the room chairs out to the walkway when we arrived back so I think they had ;).

Palm trees 21 Jun 22 09:22 AM

Great day and some lovely photos. The shrimp cocktail looks really delicious!

Cinderella 25 Jun 22 06:02 PM

Great day at AK