theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Where to stay in LA ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1127656)

Infinity Red 7 May 19 04:58 PM

Where to stay in LA ?

Hi my daughter and her two friends will be arriving at Union Station from San Diego in July for four nights.
They've no idea where to stay, they'd like to see Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood walk of fame, Sunset Boulevard and Venice beach.
After four days they'll be flying on to San Francisco, I'm assuming flying is better, no idea where they are in relation to one another:blush:
So where in LA should they stay, they're on a bit of a budget too , many thanks.

jdouds 7 May 19 06:15 PM

Hi not to sure on where to stay but you will get plenty of advice, but there are some areas like any city to avoid. LA is 100 miles across so would need some planning if they don't dr. If they can dr we would suggest drive up the coast with a couple of stops.

400ixl 7 May 19 06:38 PM

Santa Monica or Hollywood would make the most sense if they are using public transport as they could use the Metro from Union station.

Santa Monica will be nicer and better for getting back to the airport assuming they are flying out of LAX.

landandword17 7 May 19 07:01 PM

Santa Monica and Hollywood have hostels. They could also fly from Burbank to San Francisco if staying in Hollywood and avoid LAX. Look at the Orange Drive hostel, about $120 a night for private twin room with bathroom, it’s a non party hostel and in a great location. HI in Santa Monica (more party vibe) and the Walk of Fame Hostel are other options.

Infinity Red 7 May 19 07:02 PM

Thank you all, yes they're not driving and will likely be flying on to SF.
Ok we'll check Santa Monica and Hollywood then, is Beverly Hills fairly central ?

landandword17 7 May 19 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity Red (Post 13830253)
Thank you both, yes they're not driving and will likely be flying on to SF.
Ok we'll check Santa Monica and Hollywood then, is Beverly Hills fairly central ?

Beverly Hills has no public transport, they would need to use Uber and there’s no cheap hotels. It’s $$$$$.

Infinity Red 7 May 19 07:18 PM

Ah ok thanks. I've just checked the Orange drive hostel, on their dates one of them would have to stay in a male dormitory, so that's a no go lol, I'll check the other one.

landandword17 7 May 19 07:25 PM

Orange Drive usually has availability on the third party sites although I suppose it could be booked out. If you google Orange Drive hostel a calendar will be on the right of the page and will show you all sites with availability. I booked it last year my cousin who went on her gap year. There’s another place called Banana Bungalow, they have several locations in LA. Are they sorted for accommodation in San Francisco?

Infinity Red 7 May 19 08:03 PM

No they're not sorted in San Francisco either 😐

landandword17 7 May 19 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity Red (Post 13830383)
No they're not sorted in San Francisco either 😐

San Francisco is VERY expensive so prepare for a shock! There are also some neighbourhoods that are very bad. Stay away from the Tenderloin and SOMA.