theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Migraine Headaches (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202435)

shirley 25 Aug 21 01:40 PM

Migraine Headaches

I have had headaches for a few days now, start intermediately when I get up in the morning, today I feel seedy, upset stomach and have taken pain killers but its still here.

I am stressed ATM from work, so wondering if this is the main cause but just wondering how you actually diagnose MH.

Any info thanks ?

Blue nose 25 Aug 21 01:41 PM

Have you done a PCR test? Headaches are a big symptom of the Delta variant.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

inky1 25 Aug 21 02:19 PM

Could it be your blood pressure ?

AL1S0N 25 Aug 21 02:20 PM

Also a side effect of AZ if you've had it, defo see ur dr

THE WIZARD 25 Aug 21 03:00 PM

Eliminate all above then checkout Migrainous Neuralgia (Cluster headaches) Search on here for them too as plenty of us on here are sufferers of them.

mandco 25 Aug 21 03:46 PM

Migraines tend to be on one side and once they start get progressively worse till they peak then gradually subside typically over 24-72 hours
if it comes and goes then its more likely to be some other kind of headache. Possibly cluster headaches as suggested as the pain level and side effects can often be similar to migraine but in a more general/all over area

Andy C 25 Aug 21 04:45 PM

I found that my migraines (which migrated into visual blanks) were related to specific foods. For me, it turned out to be foods containing monosodium glutamate.

I only found this out by keeping a strict food diary for a few months and cross-referring the migraines to what I'd eaten and when. It may help - some migraines are indeed dietary-related (and this changes over time; foods I could eat by the bucketload when I was younger are problematic now)

sully301 25 Aug 21 05:38 PM

Could be hormones? I have dreadful headaches at times during the month. It also makes me feel really drained and affects my stomach.

kc1 25 Aug 21 07:34 PM

Can I ask those of you that have migraines do you get a pressure feeling in your head aswell? My ds has suspected long COVID-19 and has been having really bad heads most days since he had COVID-19 May 2020 we are wondering if these headaches are migraines? He does sometimes say his eyes go black! He had his eyes checked all ok and gp not concerned 🙁 he was fine before COVID-19 can I also ask which medication do you find best thanks x

holidayforever 25 Aug 21 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc1 (Post 15112978)
Can I ask those of you that have migraines do you get a pressure feeling in your head aswell? My ds has suspected long COVID-19 and has been having really bad heads most days since he had COVID-19 May 2020 we are wondering if these headaches are migraines? He does sometimes say his eyes go black! He had his eyes checked all ok and gp not concerned 🙁 he was fine before COVID-19 can I also ask which medication do you find best thanks x

With migraines I get several different symptoms , definitely get pressure feeling in head sometimes feels like a tight band , tongue feels swollen and some words don’t come out properly, shooting pain in left eye and flashing lights , migraine alway on left side of head . I have taken several different medications over the years but the best thing that works for me is Solpadeine plus soluble tablets , sometimes I use Boots own brand which works just as well as they are soluble they work quite quickly. I do feel for your Son mine started at the age of 14 .