theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   29th May - am I mad? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1192330)

Chilli-pepper 7 Apr 21 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprocket (Post 14912074)
And remember, travel insurance wont cover you for anything Covid related. If you have to go to hospital for any reason and you get a positive test, the insurance company will make it hell to claim.

Not true.

BigSkip 7 Apr 21 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprocket (Post 14912074)
Anyone looking for May/June or even July. Just look at the last 12 months and think how many times we have been thrown into a lockdown with short notice. Dont think that just because we are being vaccinated that this would stop any government closing the boarders again if something changed.
I remember last year on the news, people flocking to Europe and then the panic to get home when another lockdown was coming. Then people complaining about the flight prices to get home in time. And remember, travel insurance wont cover you for anything Covid related. If you have to go to hospital for any reason and you get a positive test, the insurance company will make it hell to claim.

If you are that desperate to go, have the money to waste if it goes wrong, dont mind about all the restrictions, then take the risk, but please dont complain if it doesnt turn out how you expect.
For me, I wouldnt spend several thousand pounds for a 70% holiday.

You don't know my plans, how can you say it's a 70% holiday?

Chilli-pepper 7 Apr 21 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSkip (Post 14912108)
You don't know my plans, how can you say it's a 70% holiday?

Completely agree, it would be a 100% holiday for us.

shawny122 7 Apr 21 09:28 AM

Weíre still holding out hope for 22 May! Weíre not going to cancel until itís absolutely definite that we canít go! If I was you Iíd probably take a chance and book because if all the pieces of the puzzle do happen to fall into place (I know itís probably still unlikely that they will but there is some hope) then think how much the prices will go up in a matter of minutes!

cd900 7 Apr 21 09:36 AM

Soooo... I booked it last night.

Iíve taken on board the comments from both sides and my thoughts are:

- not really any risk until the balance is due. Iíll prob get the £150 back as a voucher (which we will definitely use at a later date)
- Once we have to pay the balance we will reassess the situation
- my travel insurance will cover us for covid medical expenses as long as we donít travel against FCO advice
- I still want a Disney holiday, even if itís not the 100% experience. I looked at prices for Barbados for the same dates and they were almost 30% more in price. Iíd rather have the pool/beach/parks in Disney for cheaper than just the pool/ beach in Barbados
- as soon as it becomes clear that travel will be possible, the price of my holiday will double.

I know weíve only got a small chance of getting there but Iím happy to live with the hope. We wonít tell DD until the day we leave so thereíll be no disappointment for her. Lifeís too short. Iím sick of waiting for better days to come. If they happen to arrive at the end of may then I want to be on that plane! Hoping for good news for all the other May/ June dibbers too!

kitjos 7 Apr 21 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd900 (Post 14912165)
Soooo... I booked it last night.

Iíve taken on board the comments from both sides and my thoughts are:

- not really any risk until the balance is due. Iíll prob get the £150 back as a voucher (which we will definitely use at a later date)
- Once we have to pay the balance we will reassess the situation
- my travel insurance will cover us for covid medical expenses as long as we donít travel against FCO advice
- I still want a Disney holiday, even if itís not the 100% experience. I looked at prices for Barbados for the same dates and they were almost 30% more in price. Iíd rather have the pool/beach/parks in Disney for cheaper than just the pool/ beach in Barbados
- as soon as it becomes clear that travel will be possible, the price of my holiday will double.

I know weíve only got a small chance of getting there but Iím happy to live with the hope. We wonít tell DD until the day we leave so thereíll be no disappointment for her. Lifeís too short. Iím sick of waiting for better days to come. If they happen to arrive at the end of may then I want to be on that plane! Hoping for good news for all the other May/ June dibbers too!


:flowerfac:inlove::mickey2: Woohoo!

Lovely to have something booked and with a realistic mind of pro's/cons. Yeh BA do vouchers so you can move that £150 somewhere else if nec :thumbs-up

Happy planning! Hopefully we hear something from Global Task Force on the 12th xx

Taffy1959 7 Apr 21 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughseysar (Post 14911022)
Great ... hope you make it ... The day that 1st holiday flight across the pond takes off ... I might have to do a little dance , lol 😂😂😂😂

Iíll be dancing with you.
It will be lovely to see the first pictures on here of Dibbers whoíve managed to get there

Hughseysar 7 Apr 21 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd900 (Post 14912165)
Soooo... I booked it last night.

Iíve taken on board the comments from both sides and my thoughts are:

- not really any risk until the balance is due. Iíll prob get the £150 back as a voucher (which we will definitely use at a later date)
- Once we have to pay the balance we will reassess the situation
- my travel insurance will cover us for covid medical expenses as long as we donít travel against FCO advice
- I still want a Disney holiday, even if itís not the 100% experience. I looked at prices for Barbados for the same dates and they were almost 30% more in price. Iíd rather have the pool/beach/parks in Disney for cheaper than just the pool/ beach in Barbados
- as soon as it becomes clear that travel will be possible, the price of my holiday will double.

I know weíve only got a small chance of getting there but Iím happy to live with the hope. We wonít tell DD until the day we leave so thereíll be no disappointment for her. Lifeís too short. Iím sick of waiting for better days to come. If they happen to arrive at the end of may then I want to be on that plane! Hoping for good news for all the other May/ June dibbers too!

So pleased you decided to book... happy days to come and i know itís only my opinion but I reckon you will be flying away ✈️✈️✈️

BigSkip 7 Apr 21 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughseysar (Post 14912237)
So pleased you decided to book... happy days to come and i know itís only my opinion but I reckon you will be flying away ✈️✈️✈️

If they are, i'll already be there :-)

Mr Andy 7 Apr 21 10:37 AM

Fingers Crossed for you!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.