theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Smoking in Theme Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1229526)

Butts1 5 Jul 22 05:02 AM

Smoking in Theme Parks

Are there any other Parks/Attractions in Florida that don't permit smoking apart from Disney and Legoland.

Why do people think that Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens have not followed suit ?

Apart from the "Fast Pass Fiasco" this is one of the main reasons for us swerving Disney.

However we hit the Lynx 8/350 today from I Drive to Disney Springs just for a mooch.

Imagine my shock when I walked past a Cigar Shop which had a section inside by the window with comfy chairs to enjoy their products :omg:

Does this not smack of hypocrisy ?

Also I noticed Disney Springs has designated smoking areas unlike it's parks :D

duchy 5 Jul 22 06:48 AM

Each park has made its decision. Complete business decision
Smoking areas at Disney tended to be tucked away , the other parks weirdly not so much but still easy to avoid.
Not sure why a shop selling cigars outside the Disney bubble having an area for customers to sample their products is hypocritical , smoking is only banned completely in the Disney parks ?
I’m just waiting for the alcohol ban , the parks were far nicer places when you could only buy alcohol with a meal . Food and wine can be like Wetherspoons on a Saturday night at times. I’d quite like to see designated drinking areas , maybe they could use the old smoking areas for it ! ;)

ScoopsAhoy 5 Jul 22 07:01 AM

Why is it hypocrisy?
Springs is a shopping destination, Disney is a family theme park.
I relish not having to skirt round people thinking it’s ok to spark up wherever they like, like parks over here.

MarkUK 5 Jul 22 07:11 AM

Totally ok with people smoking personally even though I don’t. Quite like the smell of a lit cigar.

Shooby doo 5 Jul 22 10:48 AM

Has something changed? Disney did having smoking areas, they were outside the parks have they stopped these as well ? Unfortunately the few (IMO)spoilt it for the rest- smoking in queues, in fact anywhere they wanted.Now personally I think every smoker should be issued a space helmet so that all their smoke doesn't go anywhere ;) I mean if I wanted it I'd just smoke myself:pgig:
SD:d:

Butts1 5 Jul 22 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy (Post 15523390)
Why is it hypocrisy?
Springs is a shopping destination, Disney is a family theme park.
I relish not having to skirt round people thinking it’s ok to spark up wherever they like, like parks over here.

Depending on the reason why Disney banned smoking in parks when it was already heavily restricted and "far away from the madding crowd", you didn't have to "skirt around people".

Is Disney Springs not a "family shopping destination" ?

Are Universal and Seaworld not family parks ?

To be consistent why haven't they banned smoking at the Paris Parks ?

Butts1 5 Jul 22 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooby doo (Post 15523688)
Has something changed? Disney did having smoking areas, they were outside the parks have they stopped these as well ? Unfortunately the few (IMO)spoilt it for the rest- smoking in queues, in fact anywhere they wanted.Now personally I think every smoker should be issued a space helmet so that all their smoke doesn't go anywhere ;) I mean if I wanted it I'd just smoke myself:pgig:
SD:d:

No, you can still smoke outside, but that is hardly convenient when you are "10 miles" from an Exit.

I can't see why they can't as they used to provide a few "out of the way" facilities that would effect no one else in each park.

it would then be fair to heavily police this and kick anyone out caught defaulting.

I'm willing to try your "Buzz Lightyear" idea :d:

ScoopsAhoy 5 Jul 22 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butts1 (Post 15523809)
Depending on the reason why Disney banned smoking in parks when it was already heavily restricted and "far away from the madding crowd", you didn't have to "skirt around people".

Is Disney Springs not a "family shopping destination" ?

Are Universal and Seaworld not family parks ?

Yeah because people always stuck to the smoking areas..
That’s one of the reasons they banned it in the first place as some of the smokers couldn’t be trusted to stick to the designated smoking areas and received complaints daily.
And there’s no such thing as a “family shopping destination” , it’s just shopping and that’s aimed at adults as they are the ones with money.
Disneyland Paris hasn’t banned it because their approach is different to the US (and up until recently they werent even the majority shareholders so could do what they liked within reason)
It’s pretty obvious when you’re in the park and people still roam around with a cigarette rather than use the smoking areas in DLP.
Don’t know why you mentioned Universal etc.. as they’re nothing to do with Disney and make their own rules, obviously.

BigSkip 5 Jul 22 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butts1 (Post 15523809)

Even if they did, the French would do what they like anyway. It's not like they stick to the smoking areas.

Butts1 5 Jul 22 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchy (Post 15523381)
Each park has made its decision. Complete business decision
Smoking areas at Disney tended to be tucked away , the other parks weirdly not so much but still easy to avoid.
Not sure why a shop selling cigars outside the Disney bubble having an area for customers to sample their products is hypocritical , smoking is only banned completely in the Disney parks ?
I’m just waiting for the alcohol ban , the parks were far nicer places when you could only buy alcohol with a meal . Food and wine can be like Wetherspoons on a Saturday night at times. I’d quite like to see designated drinking areas , maybe they could use the old smoking areas for it ! ;)

So why get rid of them ? - what is the rationale ?