theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Panic, no esta and at Gatwick (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142549)

Rac20 22 Aug 19 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee happy (Post 14029326)
Have you looked on line for your original Esta yourself ?

I second doing this.👍🏻

And I know people say you don’t need print outs, but surely it’s helpful in this scenario.

To pick up on what someone else has said about insurance, I’m pretty sure insurance won’t cover this as it’s the travellers responsibility to ensure all essential documents are in place.

Good luck OP. 🍀🍀🍀

thatdavieguy 22 Aug 19 09:03 AM

Search your email for CBP.DHS.Gov

Rachy 22 Aug 19 09:04 AM

So I logged in with passport info and saw application and when it ran out and said I had a month left but when I type in now it says application not found

florida addict 22 Aug 19 09:07 AM

I don't think the print out matters. If they cant find you on the system you cant travel.
Happened to a friend last year who had a valid Esta but it got rescinded with no reason given and he couldn't board flight.
Had to go to the embassy a few weeks later and they ran a background check on him before giving a 10 yr visa.
Their explanation was he had a very common name and some of the hundreds of Joe Bloggs may have a criminal record. ! So they rescinded on that basis

florida addict 22 Aug 19 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachy (Post 14029338)
So I logged in with passport info and saw application and when it ran out and said I had a month left but when I type in now it says application not found

Would that be because you have made a new application ?

Fingers crossed it.will approve soon

Rac20 22 Aug 19 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by florida addict (Post 14029345)
I don't think the print out matters. If they cant find you on the system you cant travel.
Happened to a friend last year who had a valid Esta but it got rescinded with no reason given and he couldn't board flight.
Had to go to the embassy a few weeks later and they ran a background check on him before giving a 10 yr visa.
Their explanation was he had a very common name and some of the hundreds of Joe Bloggs may have a criminal record. ! So they rescinded on that basis

Scary how these things can happen.

Rachy 22 Aug 19 09:11 AM

Found the other one and runs out 18th September. Speaking to esta and they said I had a month left but because the airport have made me reapply I can’t use that. Esta said I should have phoned earlier

Guest 22 Aug 19 09:15 AM

What a nightmare,I really hope it approves in time for you to fly today,fingers crossed.

boltyboy 22 Aug 19 09:16 AM

Hope it approves it soon.

Rachy 22 Aug 19 09:17 AM

So esta are telling Norwegian that I had a valid esta and it could have been solved by phoning them but the new one has cancelled out my one that was in date