theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   VA from Glasgow/belfast (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1175739)

FeFe 30 Jun 20 10:25 AM

VA from Glasgow/belfast

Sorry had a wee look and couldn’t find any info on this.
On a fb group people are getting conflicting advice from VA/VH about flights from Glasgow/Belfast next year. Some folk have been told no direct flights, some have been told none til sept, others have been told the change of days.
We have just last week rebooked for June from Glasgow with VH (sat/sat flights 12th - 3rd July)
Hoping not to have to change again as we’ve got villa booked separately this time.
Anyone any info here?

lorna_99 30 Jun 20 11:43 AM

I was under the impression that there are no direct flights from glasgow until March 27th 2021.
As for days, currently Virgin Atlantic are only selling up to end if May and those dates are direct flights out on Saturday and back on a Friday. Any Saturday returns flights for April/May are indirect.
They could change for the peak summer months I guess but at the moment VA don’t go far enough ahead to check.
Hopefully your booking will be unaffected but I would be prepared for a change to either indirect or 13 nights.

FeFe 30 Jun 20 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorna_99 (Post 14556271)
I was under the impression that there are no direct flights from glasgow until March 27th 2021.
As for days, currently Virgin Atlantic are only selling up to end if May and those dates are direct flights out on Saturday and back on a Friday. Any Saturday returns flights for April/May are indirect.
They could change for the peak summer months I guess but at the moment VA don’t go far enough ahead to check.
Hopefully your booking will be unaffected but I would be prepared for a change to either indirect or 13 nights.

That’s what I thought too but some folk are saying no flights at all next summer 🙈 I am prepared for a slight change of date but would rather not have indirect

sha9 30 Jun 20 12:19 PM

There were a couple of threads on this and I was under the impression the seasonal route had been confirmed by VA. Not sure about the days though as that info is definitely conflicting. I’m not sure how I feel about it because in some ways flying out on a Wednesday and coming back Friday might suit us but I definitely don’t want a 13 night holiday so wouldn’t want the out on a Saturday back on a Friday. I tweeted VA about this and was told Friday and Saturday all year but as we know that’s complete rubbish so now I don’t know what to think.

FeFe 30 Jun 20 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 14556319)
There were a couple of threads on this and I was under the impression the seasonal route had been confirmed by VA. Not sure about the days though as that info is definitely conflicting. I’m not sure how I feel about it because in some ways flying out on a Wednesday and coming back Friday might suit us but I definitely don’t want a 13 night holiday so wouldn’t want the out on a Saturday back on a Friday. I tweeted VA about this and was told Friday and Saturday all year but as we know that’s complete rubbish so now I don’t know what to think.

You think they would have it all confirmed but now and give consistent answers. I’m not too bothered about coming back on the Friday if need be as we are going for 3 weeks but would rather have the full 3.
It was the no flights next summer at all that bothered me. I have checked and can get some for May so that bit can’t be true, can it? 😬

FeFe 30 Jun 20 12:35 PM

JayPR 30 Jun 20 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorna_99 (Post 14556271)

There are no direct flights on March 27th either.We were booked direct then but its been replaced with an indirect with 2 stops

Cancelled now

Didgey 30 Jun 20 03:23 PM

I was told by Virgin advisor this morning that the latest briefing given end of last week that possible suspension to all Glasgow and Belfast operations with no date of return. I.e. it may never. Manchester is being reviewed also but it may join that group.

Now reading few posts on facebook in a few groups of similar advice being given.

I know they said life won't be the same after Covid-19 but doesn't feel real until something is impacting. No direct flights is awful.

sha9 30 Jun 20 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didgey (Post 14556577)
I was told by Virgin advisor this morning that the latest briefing given end of last week that possible suspension to all Glasgow and Belfast operations with no date of return. I.e. it may never. Manchester is being reviewed also but it may join that group.

Now reading few posts on facebook in a few groups of similar advice being given.

I know they said life won't be the same after Covid-19 but doesn't feel real until something is impacting. No direct flights is awful.

I’d like to know what they expect me to do with my open tickets then. And the miles I boosted to book the original flights. The most annoying part of this is the continual misinformation rather than just admitting they’re waiting to see what happens. And surely there’s a market for at least one direct flight from Glasgow a week over the summer months?

disneypars 30 Jun 20 03:57 PM

Prior to Covid 19 VA was planning on introducing a year round service from Glasgow as the demand is certainly there.
Since Covid 19 they have been misleading. Whether this is down to the grown ups not passing the information down to those answering the phone, text, WhatsApp and twitter enquiries who knows.
My booking fell outside of the criteria to transfer to an open ticket and I was told it was £150 pp then it free then it would be refunded. In the end, once they had confirmed no flights from Glasgow, I just went for a refund. I just couldn't be bothered anymore. If they would have been honest from the outset I would have taken an open ticket.
Still waiting for refund for bubble seats and the flights. Aer Lingus are just as bad.