theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Disney staff attitudes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1154055)

bennyboy0751 3 Dec 19 10:32 AM

Disney staff attitudes

just back from orlando is it me or have staff attitudes gone down hill or is it me we had many Disney staff were outright miserable, rude and to be honest were unprofessional, where as we found universal staff a hoot although we had great time this visit we must be honest and say that universal is starting to out do disney on all fronts, i emailed disney to comment whilst out there about crowd levels which seamed to be quite dangerous in HS, it was so full one day you could not move around the park safely as each street was so full that people were just standing still many were leaving soon after opening time, in reply they admitted that they had made mistakes in crowd levels and will in future monitor levels better my main worry was if there was an incident there would have been problems Dont get me wrong we enjoyed Disney but it seams profit over enjoyment now priority i remember the days when gates were closed for a while whilst so many guests left

2point 3 Dec 19 11:07 AM

What is Disney supposed to do?

If they decrease the prices and don't chase the profit the parks will be even busier.

If they increase the prices to restrict demand they will be accused of profiteering. You onl have to look at the comments about the extra hours events to see the moaning and hand wringing.

What's the solution? Onsite guest only? Onsite guests priority and limited entry to offsite? Be careful what you wish for.

johnb 3 Dec 19 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2point (Post 14192752)
What is Disney supposed to do?

What's the solution? Onsite guest only? Onsite guests priority and limited entry to offsite? Be careful what you wish for.

How about another park?

bennyboy0751 3 Dec 19 11:16 AM

No but they used to have a strict attendance policy once that number reached gates were closed until enough guests left they included onsite guests in the numbers just seams that too manyy alliwed in as car park was full people were queing to get in carpark luckily we use uber but was just an observation for safety levels sorry if i offended anyone was not meant to but above all safety comes first

2point 3 Dec 19 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnb (Post 14192756)
How about another park?

Granted, but that will also increase demand across the other parks too as a knock on effect.

2point 3 Dec 19 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 (Post 14192762)
No but they used to have a strict attendance policy once that number reached gates were closed until enough guests left they included onsite guests in the numbers just seams that too manyy alliwed in as car park was full people were queing to get in carpark luckily we use uber but was just an observation for safety levels sorry if i offended anyone was not meant to but above all safety comes first

No offense taken, I'm not a fanboy but equally I'll not knock them for managing their business.

They still have the attendance policy, but the parks only seem to hit these levels at Xmas and New Year.

THOscar 3 Dec 19 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2point (Post 14192777)
No offense taken, I'm not a fanboy but equally I'll not knock them for managing their business.

They still have the attendance policy, but the parks only seem to hit these levels at Xmas and New Year.

Yep, what the OP considers too busy and what Disney and OSHA consider too busy are clearly not that same.

guinness_79 3 Dec 19 11:51 AM

I have written a similar note to Disney following our trip back in October ... tbh when we got home neither myself or my OH were that enamored with Disney this time for the reasons mentioned above , due to the additional paid for party events they are driving dangerous crowd levels on non party nights particularly in MK - the night we went to HEA I was more than uncomfortable with the crowd levels and was very fearful that not only i may lose my children but if they fell over they would just get trampled on.

Ordinarily I wouldn't complain - just not the type, however when planning for next years trip both my DS, age 10 and 7 said can we give Disney a miss - it was too busy, too many queues and felt frantic... they want to focus on universal and other american 'stuff'!

To me when a 10 and 7 year old say this ... Disney have lost the magic :-(

mickey house 3 Dec 19 01:23 PM

In my experience Disney staff aren't all as wonderful as many suggest. My family did pin trading in September, and many cast members were really friendly and enthusiastic, but a minority were clearly disinterested and even unfriendly in some cases.

The reason Disney over sell events is because they are greedy. They will still make a healthy profit if they sell a reasonable amount of tickets, but they want to cram as many people in as they can.

If Disney wanted a kidney off each person before they entered their parks, some people would still think it's a fair exchange.

Gaz Lear 3 Dec 19 02:24 PM

I completely agree about about the crowds but I count myself lucky my family has been going to WDW for 25 years. We’ve seen it all and done it all. We are quite happy to nip into a park, ride our favourite rides then go wander around the hotels or Disney Springs. That’s the only way my kids, my parents grandchildren have ever know parks and they are more than happy with that. The thought of spending 12hrs in a park these days sickens me.

It’s the people on the first visit I feel sorry for who can’t see the magic for the crowds and the massive expense!