theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What about this virus? Covid-19 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158792)

SussexFamily 31 Jan 20 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megaflyer (Post 14266234)
Well apart from some medical staff as reported on ITV news however many of us (me included) have underlying health conditions such as asthma so that’s that announcement is cold comfort

Fingers Crossed MF.

Tinkerbell 31 Jan 20 11:32 AM

2 cases now in the U.K.

SussexFamily 31 Jan 20 11:47 AM

Sky reporting cases in Newcastle

novocastrian 31 Jan 20 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexFamily (Post 14266293)
Sky reporting cases in Newcastle

Yes RVI in Newcastle being setup

im purely speculating but we have a large Chinese student body in Newcastle University and a lot will have recently returned

megaflyer 31 Jan 20 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novocastrian (Post 14266299)

im purely speculating but we have a large Chinese student body in Newcastle University and a lot will have recently returned

Same in London especially around Southbank so that’s why I guess they have set up St Thomas hospital in local readiness - Scout Motto is Be Prepared

John 31 Jan 20 12:24 PM

I see those british citizens that were able to board a flight back to the uk will arrive shortly and be put into quarantine for 14 days. I wonder what will happen to the aircrew and the drivers of the 7 coaches? The aircrew will have been breathing recirculated air for around 10 hours, wonder what sort of protection they had. Same for the coach drivers, will they be protected or will they all be going into quarantine?

Posiesmum 31 Jan 20 12:36 PM

Quote:

To be fair, most universities have a large number of Chinese students - Oxford has hundreds.

Megandllsmum 31 Jan 20 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 14266344)
I see those british citizens that were able to board a flight back to the uk will arrive shortly and be put into quarantine for 14 days. I wonder what will happen to the aircrew and the drivers of the 7 coaches? The aircrew will have been breathing recirculated air for around 10 hours, wonder what sort of protection they had. Same for the coach drivers, will they be protected or will they all be going into quarantine?

I've thought about this too

novocastrian 31 Jan 20 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posiesmum (Post 14266354)
To be fair, most universities have a large number of Chinese students - Oxford has hundreds.

its not a competition but Newcastle Uni has @1800

as i say i was just speculating as this is a lot in a small city like Newcastle

Megandllsmum 31 Jan 20 12:46 PM

Quote:

Sheffield University has a large Chinese student count too, I think now its got to stage that WHO have declared it as a worldwide issue most student campuses will have contingency plans, I know on local news doctors surgeries were saying they have quarantine rooms for anyone going in with what they think could be symptoms