theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Adventure! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=977039)

Loopylooloo 17 Aug 16 04:41 PM

The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Adventure!

We are off to Croatia next week, they do not have Euros in Croatia, they have KUNA (hence the title) Am doing this trip report as practise for our Florida trip next year, as it has been a long time since our last one and I am in need of reminding how to do it!

We are - Me, Louise, (Loopy Loo Loo since I was tiny) 44 partial to a bit of wine...

Husband - Terry 59 - hates having photos taken can look grumpy!

Dear children - George (17, turns 18 while we are away) and his girlfriend, the beautiful Bethany-Rose, also 17. And my baby, Harry, 13.

We are staying in a small Hotel, and planning lots of adventurous activities - Kayaking, rafting, and a trip to a National Park. There will probably be a lot of food photos!

jheaton 17 Aug 16 04:57 PM

Hi Louise

will be following your trippie with interest as we are off to Croatia on Sept 10th for 2 weeks

if you get chance, could you post if you withdraw kuna from an ATM? (have just got a Revolut card but yet to use it abroad)

have a fab holiday with your family

floridasarah 17 Aug 16 05:14 PM

Hi Louise, I will be following of course.;)

Am also partial to wine:blush:

Loopylooloo 17 Aug 16 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheaton (Post 11911138)
Hi Louise

will be following your trippie with interest as we are off to Croatia on Sept 10th for 2 weeks

if you get chance, could you post if you withdraw kuna from an ATM? (have just got a Revolut card but yet to use it abroad)

have a fab holiday with your family

I will let you know, we bought a lot of Kuna from an online place, (thankfully the night before the brexit vote) and we have a Clarity card to use whilst there, but if we use ATM will let you know how we get on. What part are you visiting? We are flying to Splt, and staying near Omis. :wavey:

Loopylooloo 17 Aug 16 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridasarah (Post 11911173)
Hi Louise, I will be following of course.;)

Am also partial to wine:blush:

Thanks Sarah! I enjoyed your report am hoping I manage to do mine as well as you did x

Melbatb 17 Aug 16 10:53 PM

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Have fun!

jheaton 18 Aug 16 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 11911273)
. What part are you visiting? We are flying to Splt, and staying near Omis. :wavey:

Flying to Split, 2 nights there(have been before)

Ferry to Hvar, 5 nights

Ferry to Korcula, 2 nights

then ferry to Dubrovnik, 5 nights fly home:wavey:

Loopylooloo 18 Aug 16 03:25 PM

Wow that is an adventure! Sounds fantastic.

AreWeThereYet 20 Aug 16 07:36 AM

Following :wave:
You've inspired me, I may try and do one for our France trip next week :spin:

Loopylooloo 20 Aug 16 08:45 AM

Started a bit of packing yesterday, the toiletries came in at a whopping 6kgs! I get a bit hyperventilated before a holiday, so much to think about, we also have a temporary house guest moving in today for the next few days just to add a bit more madness! Hubby gets home from his oil rig two days before we go... think some wine might be needed tonight!:D