theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shopping in Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Amazon Grocer vs Instacart vs Personal Shopper? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133192)

hellin family 16 Jun 19 07:14 PM

Any contact or website information please for angelbabe and fairytale shopper? thanks

slicer 16 Jun 19 07:27 PM

Hi
They have a website - Fairytalepersonalshopper.com
Has all contact details and the services they provide.

We emailed a shopping list to Beth and our delivery was waiting for us at Bell Services when we arrived. Was emailed an invoice at cost plus $20 charge and paid via Paypal. Could not fault her service.
Hope this helps.

Sue

hellin family 16 Jun 19 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicer (Post 13905530)
Hi
They have a website - Fairytalepersonalshopper.com
Has all contact details and the services they provide.

We emailed a shopping list to Beth and our delivery was waiting for us at Bell Services when we arrived. Was emailed an invoice at cost plus $20 charge and paid via Paypal. Could not fault her service.
Hope this helps.

Sue

Fabulous thank you, off to have a look!

angelbabe 16 Jun 19 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandco (Post 13905045)
I used angelbabe's personal shopper service for parcel holding & groceries and it was one fee to deliver everything.
There is a small charge on the groceries to cover costs but its still far cheaper than paying onsite prices. For us it was ideal I shopped the sales before I went than ordered a few groceries mostly things I knew I could not get onsite but needed without being tied to doing a large shop. I will be using the service again for our next trip

can not comment on the other options as never used them

Thank you :wave:

Florida-Sarah 16 Jun 19 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 13905229)
Garden Grocer is good, used to use it, but it is ridiculously priced compared to Instacart which essentially offers the same service- I arrive, and my shop is delivered- they even both shopped at Publix. So I stopped using Garden Grocer.

Exactly this.
Instacart is cheaper than Garden Grocer from my own personal experience and I am now a convert to instacart. I’ve not used Garden Grocer in a few years.

Joshie1 16 Jun 19 09:26 PM

Just to be aware the resorts charge a fee for delivering to your room - it is $6 but you can collect from bell services for no charge.

I think if I was staying at AKL I would get an Uber either to the Walmart at North Old Lake Wilson or up to Super Target at Rolling Oaks.

YorkshireT 17 Jun 19 06:53 AM

I ask Instacart to deliver a few hours before I arrive, then it’s all there when I check in, you cannot better that convenience. Either take it up yourself or have bell service bring it up with luggage. Unpack it and you are good to go. When at WDW if I don’t have a car in particular, I can’t be bothered getting into the room, then getting taxis to Walmart etc, but depends on what you like. To me I’d rather be having a look around the resort, getting something to eat (possibly from the shopping I’ve had delivered ) and maybe even hitting a park. Given Instacart doesn’t really cost much more than getting it yourself it’s a no brainer to me for convenience but I appreciate people enjoy looking around the supermarkets/ Walmart, I do myself sometimes.