theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Weddings and Honeymoons (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Has anyone had a Beauty and the Beast Themed Wedding (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1123620)

Melvin Pearce 13 Apr 19 01:29 PM

Has anyone had a Beauty and the Beast Themed Wedding

Our daughter and partner are getting married in two years time in the UK.

They love Beauty and the Beast and would like to theme it around that. Has any of you lovely Dibber had this theme, if so tell us about it.:)

They are at the Wedding fair at the Excel today and she has around text us saying there is so many glittery dresses here:d:

Lesley and Melvin

lottiesmum0 13 Apr 19 01:30 PM

Someone at work did- it looked lovely

Jaybeez 13 Apr 19 02:12 PM

Beauty and the Beast would be a lovely theme.

Have they booked a venue yet? Heatherden Hall at Pinewood Studios has a lovely ballroom, I haven't been there for a wedding but have been for other events.

Melvin Pearce 13 Apr 19 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybeez (Post 13781829)
Beauty and the Beast would be a lovely theme.

Have they booked a venue yet? Heatherden Hall at Pinewood Studios has a lovely ballroom, I haven't been there for a wedding but have been for other events.

We live only two miles from Pinewood Studios so will get some more information for them.:)

They haven't chosen a venue yet?

Lesley and Melvin

tracey1302 15 Sep 19 08:39 AM

Hi there-

I was just browsing and saw this post - thought I’d share that when me and my husband got married, we had a Beauty and the Beast themed cake and cupcakes.

This was the inspiration...

This was our cake...

:D

loves2plan 15 Sep 19 08:58 AM

We're decorating a couple of Beauty and the Beast themed weddings next year and these are the centrepieces we're doing for them. The second one is more subtle as the groom refuses to have anything too overtly B&tB/Disney themed on there, but we still got the books and roses, and the jar has fairy lights in to represent Tinkerbell to get a bit more Disney in there for the bride :)

disney332 15 Sep 19 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracey1302 (Post 14073212)
Hi there-

I was just browsing and saw this post - thought I’d share that when me and my husband got married, we had a Beauty and the Beast themed cake and cupcakes.

This was the inspiration...

This was our cake...

:D

Lovely

Disney332

Silvercat 16 Sep 19 01:57 PM

My sister had a B&B themed wedding, trouble was - she didn't tell her ex-hubby! He was dead set against anything Disney in the wedding, so she quietly had her dress designed just like Belle's wedding dress with big, poufy skirts and sleeves (this was the 1990s!), and her bridesmaids (including me) were in bright yellow, poufy satin dresses. She also had roses piped onto her wedding cake that he thought were just red roses, but nah - they were secret B&B roses! It was years before she told him, but by then, sadly, the marriage was breaking down anyway.

Sorry, that's not a lot of help, is it!

Melvin Pearce 17 Jun 20 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvin Pearce (Post 13781936)
We live only two miles from Pinewood Studios so will get some more information for them.:)

They haven't chosen a venue yet?

Lesley and Melvin

Our daughter has now chosen their wedding venue it is going to be at Allington Castle near Maidstone Kent. it is a privately owned castle and the owner only allows about 10 weddings a year. Our good florida friend Carrie relatives used to own this castle :d:

Thank you for the photos of the cakes and table decor, we will show her:).

Melvin and Lesley