theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   No Value Hotels available in September/October 2019? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137378)

Fatboyslick 18 Jul 19 11:59 AM

No Value Hotels available in September/October 2019?

Hi Everyone

Last minute decision to book Orlando again. Last week the value hotels were showing up for 2 weeks in September across Tui, Thomas Cook, Expedia etc but now theyre all gone (with the exception of one on TC).

Anyone know why this may be the case?

Thanks

Bozza 18 Jul 19 12:08 PM

The US free dining offer launched a few days ago and covers part of that:

September 1 through September 18, 2019
November 17 through November 27, 2019
December 8 through December 23, 2019

Fatboyslick 18 Jul 19 12:14 PM

right so you think theyve pulled it while they get the hungry Americans booked in first

Shani 18 Jul 19 01:17 PM

That's right after Galaxy's Edge opens, so it could be fully booked already.

Bozza 18 Jul 19 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick (Post 13961836)
right so you think theyve pulled it while they get the hungry Americans booked in first

Maybe just to sell it themselves first.

Try searching on the US Disney site. You might get a better deal with the dining anyway, if there's availability.

Nimbus 18 Jul 19 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick (Post 13961836)

As Bozza says, they probably pulled them from thirdparty sellers so that they can sell them themselves instead. And anyone can buy from Disney's US website, not just Americans (although the vast majority will be Americans).

Yorkshirelass 19 Jul 19 07:24 PM

Ive been watching uk Walt Disney site resort available ability for approximately a month and the value resorts have come and gone. They reappeared 2 weeks ago briefly and I booked POP 25-30/9, package with ticket. Hoping for a discount but the last one was US only and I’m not a pass holder or Disney Visa card owner. Prices have also changed this last week.
I can’t get onto US site to see if I could get a discount it reverts back to UK one. My balance is due soon so will ring tomorrow, it seems to have calmed down after the apparent mayhem caused by the discounts released on Tuesday.

Fatboyslick 19 Jul 19 08:08 PM

Pop reappeared on TC last night but was un-bookable stating an error. I had this last year... TCs site probs showing it when they shouldn’t

sammykitten 19 Jul 19 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshirelass (Post 13964660)
Ive been watching uk Walt Disney site resort available ability for approximately a month and the value resorts have come and gone. They reappeared 2 weeks ago briefly and I booked POP 25-30/9, package with ticket. Hoping for a discount but the last one was US only and I’m not a pass holder or Disney Visa card owner. Prices have also changed this last week.
I can’t get onto US site to see if I could get a discount it reverts back to UK one. My balance is due soon so will ring tomorrow, it seems to have calmed down after the apparent mayhem caused by the discounts released on Tuesday.

I've just had a look on the US site for you - POP is not showing as available for your dates. The cheapest of the Values for your dates is All-Star Music at $150 per night (no discount on that price, or at any of the other value standard rooms). The first discounts kick in at POFQ, regular price $256 per night, down to $239 with the "Fall up to 20% off" offer.