theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   What makes Disney parks special for you? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1144004)

YLL 1 Sep 19 03:06 PM

What makes Disney parks special for you?

I know, I know... there are plenty of other theme parks out there. But for most of them, I'm happy to visit once - a great, fun day but that's about it.

But what is it about Disney parks (WDW or elsewhere) that makes you want to go back again despite the eye watering cost?

Is it nostalgia, atmosphere, customer service, rides, food, shows, all of the above?

For me, even though Universal has some great rides, it doesn't even compare in terms of atmosphere for instance. It feels like a theme park, not anything like I feel at Disney. Don't even get me started on Alton Towers or Thorpe Park - not even on the same level as Universal, let alone Disney.

So I guess for me, it's a combination of all of the above, but curious to hear your thoughts, even if you prefer other parks.

Bondy007 1 Sep 19 03:19 PM

The aroma, the cast members, the themes... The memories we've made... And eventually we'll be sharing these with our daughter (just need to win the lottery or some of my crazy bets to come in...! )

akhurstf1 1 Sep 19 03:28 PM

For me it’s the experience of going somewhere where I can completely switch off from the regular world of work and home.

Every year there has always been something that draws us back and now that we are DVC members it means we can stay at Deluxe hotels which previously we weren’t able to stay at.

Our first trip was our honeymoon and this was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip. Our November 2019 trip will be our 8th with many planned for the future.

WDW is very special and just the thought of being there brings a smile to my face.

PrincessShelly 1 Sep 19 03:33 PM

Attention to detail, overall cleanliness and the general attitude of staff even on the trolley buses from the car park to park gates. I also find the music quite emotional/overwhelming sometimes (especially at fireworks, wiping a tear is not unusual), not so much things like the castle!

YLL 1 Sep 19 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 (Post 14049073)
For me it’s the experience of going somewhere where I can completely switch off from the regular world of work and home.

That's a big part for me too, stepping into another world for a couple weeks and forgetting about work and stress.

love tink 1 Sep 19 05:06 PM

The music and just the excitement of seeing the castle,ball in Epcot,tree of life,TOT,shipwrecked boat in TL just gives me butterflies!

Andybear 1 Sep 19 05:10 PM

For me it's literally a fantasy land, a break from 'life'.

DiszeeBelle 1 Sep 19 06:23 PM

Something for everyone, a chance to be "a child" again, the smells, a break from reality, memories.

NewtoOrlando 1 Sep 19 06:32 PM

For me it's just getting away from it all, away from reality where 'normality' is a thing of the past, no judgements, no one looking at you because you're a grown up wearing a Mickey Mouse t shirt, seeing my kids beaming with happiness because a man in a duck suit has high fived them. It just makes us all happy, and that's all I want out of life!

Tinkerbell 1 Sep 19 06:34 PM

Basically, it’s not real life pure and simple. I don’t want reality on some of my holiday I want la la land