theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   3 day base vs 14 unlimited wdw (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128889)

Whoppery5k 15 May 19 11:06 PM

3 day base vs 14 unlimited wdw

Hi I’m still reall Struggling with my Disney tickets,

We have gone for 14 day passes with universal and sea world as the kids are 9,10,12,13 at time of travel, so theses parks seems great for them.
We want to see Disney but struggling with the right Ticket’s
We want to do MK, AK & HS so a 3 day base seemed fine, but via Orlando attractions it’s almost 2100, Disney direct for the 14 day unlimited is £2250 after cash back... is it not worth the extra bit for flexibility and memory maker, or can anyone guide me to cheaper base tickets

lyn1 16 May 19 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k (Post 13846359)
Hi I’m still reall Struggling with my Disney tickets,

We have gone for 14 day passes with universal and sea world as the kids are 9,10,12,13 at time of travel, so theses parks seems great for them.
We want to see Disney but struggling with the right Ticket’s
We want to do MK, AK & HS so a 3 day base seemed fine, but via Orlando attractions it’s almost 2100, Disney direct for the 14 day unlimited is £2250 after cash back... is it not worth the extra bit for flexibility and memory maker, or can anyone guide me to cheaper base tickets

Is that the Flexible tickets from orlandoattractions.com, if so try the Date Based tickets as they will work out cheaper.

For example a 3 Day Flexible ticket for 5 adults and 1 child would cost £2090.55.

A 3 Day Date Based ticket starting on the 17th August [must be used by the 21st] will cost £1536.92.

The same ticket with a start date 19th August [must be used by 23rd] £1518.44.

Admittedly you haven't got the flexibility but it's a big difference in price.

https://www.orlandoattractions.com/t...-based-tickets

Lolarose 16 May 19 10:53 AM

Have you already bought your Universal & SW passes?
I always find buying the all in one tickets the best as you can be flexible to visit all the parks in the 14 days.

I've bought before from OTD, their prices seem reasonable. Or if you use the code and get the Disney 14 day tickets i think could be worth it.

Nimbus 16 May 19 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolarose (Post 13846872)
Have you already bought your Universal & SW passes?
I always find buying the all in one tickets the best as you can be flexible to visit all the parks in the 14 days.

Remember that there's no such thing as an all-in-one ticket. It's just 3 tickets (Disney, Universal, and Seaworld) sold at a single price. The price for buying the package might be slightly cheaper than buying them individually but often there's only a difference of £5 or less.

filharmonic 16 May 19 01:30 PM

Personally I'd get the 14 days for what little extra they're going to cost you,do you get the memory maker with the 3 day? Plus you'll have the option of park hopping and use of the water parks too and for £150 it's a no-brainer for me

Whoppery5k 16 May 19 05:25 PM

Thinking I should speak to the wife tonight, see what she thinks.
The date based ones sound good but not very flexible at all...
But I just can't see us going to any other parks but those 3

scoobydooby 16 May 19 08:27 PM

I wouldn’t bother at all. I love Disney but you’ve got plenty to keep you occupied and without Disney as well run the risk of not getting value for money for any of it. You can only scratch the surface with w 3 day disney pass. I’d save it to do it justice on a future trip.

lexie32 17 May 19 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobydooby (Post 13848009)
I wouldn’t bother at all. I love Disney but you’ve got plenty to keep you occupied and without Disney as well run the risk of not getting value for money for any of it. You can only scratch the surface with w 3 day disney pass. I’d save it to do it justice on a future trip.

I completely agree, in 14 trips to Orlando we have only once tried to do it all and that was by far the worst trip we had, I came home resenting the fact we had wasted so much money on tickets that we hadn’t had the chance to relax and actually enjoy the holiday!

Whoppery5k 17 May 19 01:21 PM

With 4 kids between me and the wife and the fact she's a teacher I may struggle to get back anytime soon lol.
We are thinking a park a day and except universal at 1.5 a day so we can squeeze everything in

Whoppery5k 18 May 19 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyn1 (Post 13846422)
Is that the Flexible tickets from orlandoattractions.com, if so try the Date Based tickets as they will work out cheaper.

For example a 3 Day Flexible ticket for 5 adults and 1 child would cost £2090.55.

A 3 Day Date Based ticket starting on the 17th August [must be used by the 21st] will cost £1536.92.

The same ticket with a start date 19th August [must be used by 23rd] £1518.44.

Admittedly you haven't got the flexibility but it's a big difference in price.

https://www.orlandoattractions.com/t...-based-tickets

I think I'm going to do that 3 day base ticket, it looks the better option.
Question; if I book a 3 day base ticket for the 15th it the last day I can use it is the 19th correct?
So MK 15th AK 17th HS 19th
Is that correct? And I'm assuming I could not visit one of the same parks again on a different day? Say a half day in MK on the 16th? I can only use the ticket 3 times during that period?