theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Norwegian Breakaway (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128985)

soraia 16 May 19 07:21 PM

Norwegian Breakaway

A friend and I have booked to go on the Norwegian Breakaway for a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise.

We're departing Miami on 7th July and will be visiting Harvest Caye, Roatan, Cozumel and Costa Maya.

We were lucky that we got the "Premium All Inclusive " deal before it ended so we have pre-paid gratuities, premium drinks package, 3 specialty dining restaurants, 100 minutes of internet, $75 on board credit each and 1 bottle of water per person per day in the cabin.

We're both looking forward to it but not sure what to expect - has anyone sailed on the Norwegian Breakaway before?

MarkJ 16 May 19 09:03 PM

Yes - we did a Baltic Cruise last July. We loved the ship. Although it carries 4000 passengers it never felt busy or full as there are so many areas to go.

I wrote a long report on Cruise critic but don't know if I can post the link on here - however if you search in the NCL section Im sure you can find it and others

soraia 17 May 19 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkJ (Post 13848069)
Yes - we did a Baltic Cruise last July. We loved the ship. Although it carries 4000 passengers it never felt busy or full as there are so many areas to go.

I wrote a long report on Cruise critic but don't know if I can post the link on here - however if you search in the NCL section Im sure you can find it and others

Thanks, will do!

danisleigh 17 May 19 12:41 PM

We haven’t been on the breakaway but have been on the jade twice and the Epic once and are going on the Star in July if you have any general NCL questions.

mitch84 18 May 19 06:16 PM

I cruised on the sister ship the Getaway in 2017. I absolutely loved the ship, it is big and so much to do.
The teppenyaki restaurant is well worth going to as one of your speciality meals.
Also if they have the circus/steam punk show go to that.
I went to the comedy club to watch the on demand piano players/singers every night, loved it

stecee 20 May 19 01:35 AM

I was on the Escape last year which has a similar layout. Fantastic ship with loads to do, great entertainment and food.

Lillylulu 11 Jun 19 03:09 PM

We are doing this cruise on aug4th .
last year we did Ncl Escape

Eeyorefanuk 11 Jun 19 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soraia (Post 13847884)
A friend and I have booked to go on the Norwegian Breakaway for a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise.

We're departing Miami on 7th July and will be visiting Harvest Caye, Roatan, Cozumel and Costa Maya.

We were lucky that we got the "Premium All Inclusive " deal before it ended so we have pre-paid gratuities, premium drinks package, 3 specialty dining restaurants, 100 minutes of internet, $75 on board credit each and 1 bottle of water per person per day in the cabin.

We're both looking forward to it but not sure what to expect - has anyone sailed on the Norwegian Breakaway before?

Hi 👋
I am looking at the bliss

I am not sure if the free at sea promotion at the moment is a good overall price or not. I was really hoping one of the two options was free tips as a long cruise. We got a steal last time not sure if prices will get better. For November this year

Echo18 11 Jun 19 08:58 PM

We've got Breakaway booked for 18th August. Can't wait!

ginger ninja 11 Jun 19 09:07 PM

We were on the breakaway in the Baltic last August. we really liked the ship ( I prefer the Epic:omg:) loads to do and great bars and restaurants. If you go to the martini bar (shakers) the outside bar had a great barman called Ray :thumbs-up:thumbs-up