theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   New HS Tiers making it easier to get Slinky (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133298)

elle10 16 Jun 19 05:35 PM

New HS Tiers making it easier to get Slinky

So I’m thinking the new tiers (from 29th Aug) is bound to make it easier to get a slinky FP. Am I right?
It’s just most comments/feedback I’ve seen on this seems to be negative, which I get if you ride RnR & TOT but for us wimps who only want slinky this must be a good thing. Hopefully getting FPs nearer to 60 days rather than 65.
Fingers crossed

nats1211 16 Jun 19 05:41 PM

What are the new tiers? I must have missed that they are changing.

elle10 16 Jun 19 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nats1211 (Post 13905320)
What are the new tiers? I must have missed that they are changing.

RnR & TOT are moving to tier 1 from 29th Aug leaving StarvTours as the only ‘ride’ in tier 2.

nats1211 16 Jun 19 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle10 (Post 13905326)
RnR & TOT are moving to tier 1 from 29th Aug leaving StarvTours as the only ‘ride’ in tier 2.

Oh nooooo! They’re our 2 favourites!
I should think it will split the crowds a bit in regards to slinky though as for us we would only try and get 1FP for it now and go for the others on our other days.

Thanks for the info. We book our FPs on 19th August so assume it’ll stop us going for RnR and TOT

Shooby doo 16 Jun 19 07:45 PM

Hard to predict due to the possible GE effect as you could have the park "rammed" everyday so more people to take those T1's. For us it will be TSM,SDD was ok but on which we enjoyed more it would be TSM
SD:d:

Nimbus 17 Jun 19 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle10 (Post 13905307)
So I’m thinking the new tiers (from 29th Aug) is bound to make it easier to get a slinky FP. Am I right?

In theory, yes. With RnRC and ToT also being tier 1 attractions from the end of August, some people may be tempted to book one of those as their tier 1 fastpass instead and thus increase SDD's availability.

However, as Shooby says above, GE will lead to an overall increase of visitors to the park. That means more people getting fastpasses in general, counteracting the above.

We'll have to wait and see.

jovial 17 Jun 19 01:36 PM

Is there a third tier ? Or will it mean 2 from first tier and 1 from second ?

galaxyflorida 17 Jun 19 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovial (Post 13906687)

1 from the first tier, 2 from second.

Nimbus 17 Jun 19 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovial (Post 13906687)

There are only two tiers. You choose one from tier 1 and two from tier 2. Or all three from tier 2 if there are none remaining in tier 1 that you want.

At HS after the end of August, tier 2 will include many of the shows as well as Star Tours. But Star Tours will be the only ride in tier 2.

scoobydooby 17 Jun 19 09:21 PM

Boo. We loved having RnR as a tier 2 ride and DD really loved having T of T as I don’t ride that so she got my turn too! Boo.