theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   15 Hour Queue to Ride Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132944)

Stu 14 Jun 19 07:29 AM

15 Hour Queue to Ride Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure ride opened yesterday and one of our DIBB members was in the line for nearly 15 hours before getting to ride this magical new attraction at Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando.

Unlike the Dragon's Challenge, which the new ride replaced, the motorbike adventure is slower paced and has riders mounting a train of motorcycles with side cars.

15 minutes after park opening Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure was showing a 10 hour wait.

DIBB member going by the name 'Rachhh', joined the queue at what was reported to be an 8 hour wait, reporting through the day that she was still in the queue, making friends and having fun! Getting close to the entrance, the ride had some technical difficulties which extended the wait. She eventually got to ride (twice) after waiting nearly 15 hours in line... WOW!

Follow Rachhh's epic queue from page 7 on this thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1132115&page=7

https://youtu.be/lttE8SyT6jc

floridasgirl 14 Jun 19 07:42 AM

Really?! No thanks! That's just daft for a couple of mins ride.

WhereIBelong 14 Jun 19 07:45 AM

Can't wait for a ride report... was it worth it, how did they handle loo trips, eating, drinking - just STANDING for that long... was there any entertainment, shade? We neeeeeeeeeed the details...:spin::spin::spin:

oh.. and what was the ride like...:pgig:

Orlando 2004 14 Jun 19 08:00 AM

If this had a 15 hour queue just how bad will Galaxy's Edge area and Smugglers run be!

Orlando_Kings 14 Jun 19 08:27 AM

Was following this yesterday - I personally wouldn't or couldn't physically wait in line for 15hours - yikes!

deanobrown 14 Jun 19 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong (Post 13901092)
Can't wait for a ride report... was it worth it, how did they handle loo trips, eating, drinking - just STANDING for that long... was there any entertainment, shade? We neeeeeeeeeed the details...:spin::spin::spin:

oh.. and what was the ride like...:pgig:

One of the posts I read stated that they were allowed out for bathroom breaks, and there were food & drink stands along the queue... Seems quite well organised!

Nimbus 14 Jun 19 09:38 AM

Disney: FOP had queues up to 6 hours long
Universal: Hold my beer...

Oh. My. God. The world really has gone crazy. Waiting all day just for one ride?!? :omg: As mentioned above, I couldn't physically stand in a queue for 15 hours and, personally, I wouldn't choose to join a queue longer than a tenth of that time. No ride is worth that long a wait.

Still, hat's off to Rachhh. They certainly were determined and committed.

It does make me think that I've woefully underestimated what the queues at Galaxy's Edge will be like once it opens at WDW without a reservation system in place. :erm:

Orlando 2004 14 Jun 19 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimbus (Post 13901258)
Disney: FOP had queues up to 6 hours long
Universal: Hold my beer...

Oh. My. God. The world really has gone crazy. Waiting all day just for one ride?!? :omg: As mentioned above, I couldn't physically stand in a queue for 15 hours and, personally, I wouldn't choose to join a queue longer than a tenth of that time. No ride is worth that long a wait.

Still, hat's off to Rachhh. They certainly were determined and committed.

It does make me think that I've woefully underestimated what the queues at Galaxy's Edge will be like once it opens at WDW without a reservation system in place. :erm:

I'm still struggling to understand why they have chosen to open at WDW without any kind of reservation system. Disneyland seems to have been well managed but I can see Hollywoods Studios being horrendous in the opening days and weeks.

MrsNobby 14 Jun 19 10:46 AM

We had Guest Assitance Pass and were given a 4pm ride slot at 8.15am.

We managed to ride and make our flight home (only just).

The ride is wonderful and I cant wait to ride it again the next time we are in Orlando

Fancealot 14 Jun 19 12:09 PM

No thanks! 15 hours for a ride? I know there's the element of it being new and on opening but i've seen footage of the ride and I consider myself a Harry Potter fan, this seems a bit meh to me, a lot of roller coaster track with a few bits of theming scattered along the ride with some hagrid audio piped in. Might be better in real life, we'll see. For those who have done it, what are the seat sizes like? One of my issues with rides at universal is I find it difficult to ride most of them, last time I went (pre diagon alley) I couldn't get on forbidden journey so not holding out much hope.