theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Insane flight prices! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1157754)

Twinmumlowe 14 Jan 20 11:35 PM

Insane flight prices!

So we’re doing a big family one off holiday looking at 19/10-07/11 this year but so far the flight prices have been awful! 🤦🏻😭 I’ve been tracking on Skyscanner and hopper but starting to loose my nerve - it’s around £650 pp does anyone think they’ll come down or do I just suck it up and book 😔

Guest 14 Jan 20 11:37 PM

Can you do later. 24th Oct ono there is a separate thread about cheap ba flights to Miami and Tampa.

Loobylou_82 15 Jan 20 12:26 AM

Which airport do you want to fly from? We have just booked Manchester to Tampa via Newark for Oct 15th to Nov 2nd for £345 pp . We are staying in Orlando and have hired a mini bus for the duration as there are 9 of us. A lot cheaper than flying into Orlando airport.

U2fan 15 Jan 20 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales (Post 14242061)
Can you do later. 24th Oct ono there is a separate thread about cheap ba flights to Miami and Tampa.

We booked a BA fly drive yesterday... Heathrow to Miami for £350pp. 24 October to 31 October, including luggage and a car. The prices have been crazy (up to £900pp, but suddenly came down).

Minnie4Mickey 15 Jan 20 11:15 AM

Would you consider flying to Miami instead and driving up to Orlando? I have been doing dummy runs for our holiday next year but using this years dates and flying to Miami is working out so much cheaper. So we are going to spend a night there and drive to Orlando, we do have extra days to play with as we are doing 17 nights rather than 14 this time, but still if I were a large family the savings in flight money would sway me.

snowbelle 15 Jan 20 12:06 PM

We are doing a multi-city trip flying home from Miami on the 17th November some of the flights with BA ( we are doing a fly drive) were starting at Basic flights for £75 from Miami to LHR and Premium was hardly any different in price between economy.

We played with dates for over week and it was a lot higher just by extending it by two- three days so we moved it back to 27th Oct and it came down a lot.

if that would work for you.

DisneyIrishMama 15 Jan 20 12:17 PM

Have you tried booking through American Airlines U.S site get the price in $. I got 2ad and 3ch for €2450 last week, cost €3100 when i went on irl/uk site

toonarmani 15 Jan 20 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyIrishMama (Post 14242455)
Have you tried booking through American Airlines U.S site get the price in $. I got 2ad and 3ch for €2450 last week, cost €3100 when i went on irl/uk site

Not sure if you get the same protections if any flight issues/delays if bought outside of EU?

DisneyIrishMama 15 Jan 20 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonarmani (Post 14242475)
Not sure if you get the same protections if any flight issues/delays if bought outside of EU?

I would have thought that the only difference was that i paid in dollars?:confused:

DisneyIrishMama 15 Jan 20 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyIrishMama (Post 14242486)
I would have thought that the only difference was that i paid in dollars?:confused:

I just had a read of the Montreal Convention which covers all international flights in relation to delays ,cancellations ect and all seems ok.:grin:

Only difference is in the E.U you can claim for emotional distress and you cant in U.S