theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   COMPLETE Universal, Disney and offsite live food report August 2019 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1141621)

Eccle 15 Aug 19 06:20 PM

COMPLETE Universal, Disney and offsite live food report August 2019

After enjoying reading all the food reports for ideas of where to go, I thought I would attempt my own this time. I will try to keep as up to date as I can whilst we are here.

Our family is me (chief planner!), my husband David and our boys Alex (10), Sebastian (8) and Barnaby (3.5)

This is our 5th trip to Florida, and this time we are staying club level at Portofino Bay for 4 nights, then have 5 nights at Beach Club with DDP and 9 nights in a villa at Windsor Hills.

Being club level at Universal means we may not have that many meals out, but at Disney we have ADRs for
Storybook Dining
Crystal Palace
Tony’s
Chef Mickey brunch
Sanaa
Garden Grill breakfast

For our quick service credits, I have a breakfast reservation at BOG, and am also hoping to go to Satuli Canteen and Polite Pig, amongst others!

Our offsite meals will definitely include Chilis, Olive Garden, Sweet Tomatoes and Outback.

Eccle 15 Aug 19 06:43 PM

Day 1 - Travel day - 14th August

We decided to get some food at the airport, the boys had breakfast at home too but as that had been at 4.30am they were hungry again! We went to Wondertree, busy but seated straight away with a view out to planes.

David had pancakes and bacon, he was also persuaded to add fried eggs and some toast to share

Alex and I both had the smaller cooked breakfast from the adult menu with fried egg

The two younger boys both had the kids cooked breakfast with scrambled egg

All the food came quickly and was really nice. Good service, and they were very concerned about allergies - we were asked as we went in, and the waiter asked again too (even checking again on the scrambled eggs as they had cream in - this is despite us having just ordered all the boys milk!)
The small adult breakfast was £3 more than the child, and the only difference was a piece of bacon instead of toast! With hindsight we maybe should have got the bigger breakfast.
I used a 15% My Gatwick discount voucher, the bill came to just under £50 with tip

We were flying BA to Tampa. We were first given pretzels and a drink, then lunch
The boys got chicken nuggets and mash which they were excited about as they had the same last year and loved. Not sure how many kids would eat the roasted vegetable side salad thing! (Mine certainly didn’t!)

We both had chicken casserole (labelled as Tom Kerridge casserole with chorizo). The other choice was vegetarian pasta. This was ok, David liked it, I wasn’t that keen

With about 3 hours to go we go a mini magnum

Tea was served around 1.5 hours from landing, no photos but adults got a chicken Caesar bloomer sandwich (nice but quite small) plus a banana loaf (not nice). Kids got cheese sandwich with a Jaffa cake bar and orange Capri sun. None of my kids like orange so only the sandwiches were touched

After a delayed flight and slow immigration we didn’t get to our room until 9.15. I ran to the club lounge and grabbed some bottles of water in case anyone woke up thirsty, plus some milk and chocolate chip cookies (very nice)

nadya 15 Aug 19 06:49 PM

Good travel day,appreciate the info about the plane food as we are doing this route next week:).

sha9 15 Aug 19 06:57 PM

Looking forward to reading! Have a great trip!

Floridaagogo 15 Aug 19 10:10 PM

Great start x

Loobylou_82 15 Aug 19 10:23 PM

Following along. Good start. Have a fab holiday.

Minnie Mum 16 Aug 19 03:34 AM

Following along😊

Wismgari 16 Aug 19 11:13 AM

Looking forward to following along :)

Goldia 16 Aug 19 07:52 PM

Great start, the breakfasts all look good. I always forget to check for discounts for the airport restaurants! I'll do better next time!

Eccle 17 Aug 19 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 14017258)
Good travel day,appreciate the info about the plane food as we are doing this route next week:).

Thank you, glad to help. Hope you have a safe trip. The BA food is decent overall

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 14017273)
Looking forward to reading! Have a great trip!

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo (Post 14017700)
Great start x

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 (Post 14017724)
Following along. Good start. Have a fab holiday.

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum (Post 14017931)
Following along😊

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wismgari (Post 14018419)
Looking forward to following along :)

Thank you