theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Who else has received a refund for their AP for the closure period? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1176499)

bighal 11 Jul 20 03:13 PM

Who else has received a refund for their AP for the closure period?

Our DD received 3 days ago a refund of $229 onto her credit card for a DVC Gold AP which was upgraded from a 14 day Ultimate ticket. This is just for the the days the parks where closed. Not bad considering we only paid $151 to upgrade last September. She will be cancelling for the rest of the pass now as well so even more to come back.

Helen1512 11 Jul 20 04:07 PM

So you can get a partial refund for the days the park was closed and then cancel your pass and get a refund for the remainder left on your AP? Have I read that right?
Thanks

vampiress88 11 Jul 20 05:25 PM

Did I get a horribly terrible upgrade then. I paid $500 per ticket to upgrade from 21 days to full annual pass. Not a dvc member or anything.

And no we haven’t received a refund yet.

Helen1512 11 Jul 20 07:43 PM

We were waiting until the opening date just in case it was postponed but now we need to ring to get our refund for the closure period. Didn’t know we could then cancel the pass and get a refund for the remainder?

kazmik 11 Jul 20 09:07 PM

Just checked my cc and I’ve been refunded £330 per annual pass. This works out to be the park closure period. Just wondering now how to go about requesting that my ticket is cancelled and refunded accordingly ?

bighal 12 Jul 20 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampiress88 (Post 14572530)
Did I get a horribly terrible upgrade then. I paid $500 per ticket to upgrade from 21 days to full annual pass. Not a dvc member or anything.

And no we haven’t received a refund yet.

Probably not as our APs are discounted and have blackout days.

vampiress88 12 Jul 20 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazmik (Post 14572791)
Just checked my cc and I’ve been refunded £330 per annual pass. This works out to be the park closure period. Just wondering now how to go about requesting that my ticket is cancelled and refunded accordingly ?

How have they done it? Pro rata each day that was left

I know it’s not Disney’s fault but I m ≈≈≈≈≈≈ that we spent in total £850 each on annual pass to use 9 days!

I would have loved to have just used it again next time but the problem being not sure when they next time will be

gavvy 12 Jul 20 06:59 PM

One pass had a refund the other hasn't so am owed 229 at least.
I too am pushing for cancellation and a refund. Unsure what Disney are doing at the moment.

kazmik 12 Jul 20 09:39 PM

So I have worked out that my refund was for the time the parks have Been closed ? I can’t go again this year anyhow so need to cancel ticket, apparently waiting for email from Disney with instruction on how to do this. Annual pass expires mid December and date hasn’t been updated on mde

Mousewife 13 Jul 20 10:03 PM

I upgraded a 14 day pass to a Gold annual in January and it has just been extended until May 2021. Only problem is we don’t know when we will be allowed to travel let alone when it will be safe to do so. Has anyone been told whether they are taking the travel ban into consideration? I know it’s not their fault but I guess I should be asking for a refund and buy a new pass when all is well with the world again.