theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Dining Plan help (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180920)

Guest 29 Sep 20 12:09 PM

Dining Plan help

I have just booked Newport Bay for February next year and have the half board plus dining included.

My question is, if I wanted to go to a restaurant that is only available on the premium plan e.g. Inventions, would I have to pay fully in cash or can I use my voucher to part pay and then pay cash for the difference?

If I can make a partial payment with my voucher, how would I know what the difference is, does my plus voucher have a particular cash value?

(I know that some restaurants may not be open in February, just wanting to get a better understanding of how things work normally)

Thanks.

Gill H 29 Sep 20 01:51 PM

You can use your voucher in part payment (actually it isn’t a voucher any more, it is added to your room key).

The value varies so it can be difficult to find out how much it is currently. I tend to look at the price of the cheapest Plus meal and it’s round about that. I’m sure someone with more up to date info can confirm.

KarenG 29 Sep 20 04:36 PM

I hope the weather is more temperate for you than when we’ve ever gone at February half term!

Gill H 29 Sep 20 06:34 PM

Cold and wet in 2011 when we took friends, but there is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothing!

Our first WDW trip was freezing, we wore winter coats and had minus 2 temps. Absolutely loved it!

Guest 29 Sep 20 07:04 PM

Yes the weather is a bit of a risk. I hope I can avoid rain or snow, but I don't mind low temperature.

kk20 29 Sep 20 09:48 PM

We went in 2014 early march. It was t shirt weather. Went 2 years later in late feb and it snowed.

KarenG 30 Sep 20 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 14663516)
Yes the weather is a bit of a risk. I hope I can avoid rain or snow, but I don't mind low temperature.

We have never had rain or snow but the fountains were frozen solid. I’m not a fan of cold weather but that was a new cold 🥶 l

KarenG 30 Sep 20 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 14663485)
Cold and wet in 2011 when we took friends, but there is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothing!

Our first WDW trip was freezing, we wore winter coats and had minus 2 temps. Absolutely loved it!

I’m opposite you Gill :)

Even with loads of warm clothes I felt miserable with my face freezing and so on. And the faff of taking it all off when you went indoors and lugging it all around 😂

We had only ever been in Feb and March and April and then finally went in July last year - it made a massive difference to my enjoyment!

But if you/others like chillier temps all good, it just wasn’t for me :(

kenville 30 Sep 20 07:28 PM

We’ve been in February and it has been bone crushingly cold. Had a great time though. Just makes sure you’ve got extra warm clothes. even on the feet.

GoofyLoveCo 30 Sep 20 10:05 PM

We are going in March is it similar to WDW where everything is on a magic band. Is DLP a similar process or is it on a card? As we have the full board dining plan