theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Ford 250 pick up Alamo (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1055283)

florida girl 13 Nov 17 03:21 PM

Ford 250 pick up Alamo

We arrived at MIA on Friday having booked a standard SUV with VH through Alamo, we checked in on line so straight to the garage with no hard sell. Asked what was available and if any pick ups we were shown a couple of Nissan but all abit small. Asked if anything bigger we were shown a Dodge 150 or a Ford 250 Super Duty we took the latter :spin::spin: for no extra charge.

OH is in his element and couldn't believe his luck it's massive 6 litre and he loves it, somehow I think he's not going to want to give it back 😄😄😄

Powlay 13 Nov 17 03:48 PM

We last went over in 2015 and i managed to snag me a Ford F150 instead of a Medium sized car was rather happy.

lolalolo86 13 Nov 17 05:08 PM

Wow my OH would love this. We are definitely asking at MCO whether any pick ups are available even if we have to pay a bit extra to upgrade. He would love an F150 but a 250 would be amazing!

Lisbon 13 Nov 17 05:11 PM

Wow, the 250 looks a beast
Rob

Scotty 13 Nov 17 08:44 PM

oh dear, don't tell DH. He drives a Ford Ranger here and would love to go bigger.

florida girl 13 Nov 17 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 12942910)
oh dear, don't tell DH. He drives a Ford Ranger here and would love to go bigger.

We have a Ford Ranger back home it will be dwarfed after driving this beast 😂😂😂

Scotty 14 Nov 17 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by florida girl (Post 12943248)
We have a Ford Ranger back home it will be dwarfed after driving this beast 😂😂😂

I know, we said this last time we were out. Our Ranger looks big here but is small out there. Just imagine having to park the 250 at Tesco!

florida girl 15 Nov 17 02:04 AM

It would be a nightmare. The first time I got out of the 250 I nearly fell flat on my face 😂😂it's so high up .

florida girl 19 Nov 17 12:21 AM

So we've been here a week and loving the truck or the beast as I have nick named it. I was ademant I would'nt be driving it but after a little drive in the car park I 've been out on the open road and love it.

Good job we're not driving too far on this trip as with a 6.5 litre engine it's a gas guzzler but at $2.49 a gallon its not too bad. Would'nt like to fill it back home though 😊😊.

Wolverine 22 Nov 17 12:29 AM

Just got back had an Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 V8 HEMI and loved it wish I could have it over here.

Had only booked a mid size suv but non in the row so was offered a standard but nothing amazing that I liked my dad took a Ford Edge titanium in black with leather very nice, I asked if any pick up trucks (I knew their where but they were in the premium suv line)

After a bit of back and forth I got to pick one :grin: