theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   endometrial ablation (ladies) UPDATE (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137445)

Bertiebear 18 Jul 19 07:44 PM

endometrial ablation (ladies) UPDATE

Anyone had this? My periods are horrific. Had internal scans last year all was normal. I’ve tried the coil which didn’t work and anything with a slight hormone in sends me loopy! I’m going to make an appointment and she if I can discuss it as an option. However I do understand it doesn’t work for everyone. I’m 41 and have two children. We aren’t planning on anymore so that side of things is fine. I’m so miserable. I normally go every 23 days on average but this month I’ve gone 29 but it’s hell. I was dreading the school run earlier as I just flood through everything and feel like I’m going into early labour. :(

scojos 18 Jul 19 07:46 PM

I had a bilateral oophrectomy.
Genius id recomme d it as had no plans to have more kids

Bertiebear 18 Jul 19 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scojos (Post 13962693)
I had a bilateral oophrectomy.
Genius id recomme d it as had no plans to have more kids

What’s that?

scojos 18 Jul 19 07:52 PM

Endo is caused by hormones.
Hormones are produced by eggs.
Remvoing bpth egg sacks stops endo

Twin mummy 18 Jul 19 07:57 PM

I’m having one on the 26th of this month for the same reason. They want to put in a mirena coil as well but I’m hesitant as any hormone sends me loopy too.

The other alternative they offered was a hysterectomy but thought I’d try the ablation first.

saffy202 18 Jul 19 08:04 PM

I had it a few years ago. My periods were horrific and I ended up with anemia. I had tried the mirena coil but that made little difference. It took a few months but then they went much lighter and more controllable.
The op itself was straightforward and I was fine after a couple of days but I had the week off work booked anyway.

Bertiebear 18 Jul 19 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin mummy (Post 13962738)
I’m having one on the 26th of this month for the same reason. They want to put in a mirena coil as well but I’m hesitant as any hormone sends me loopy too.

The other alternative they offered was a hysterectomy but thought I’d try the ablation first.

Really do hope it works for you. I’m in the same train of thought try that first if the GP will refer me.

Bertiebear 18 Jul 19 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saffy202 (Post 13962754)
I had it a few years ago. My periods were horrific and I ended up with anemia. I had tried the mirena coil but that made little difference. It took a few months but then they went much lighter and more controllable.
The op itself was straightforward and I was fine after a couple of days but I had the week off work booked anyway.

Thank you :)

Twin mummy 18 Jul 19 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertiebear (Post 13962760)
Really do hope it works for you. I’m in the same train of thought try that first if the GP will refer me.

I’m lucky in that we have private healthcare as my weight is too high for ‘none urgent’ operations on the NHS.

Bertiebear 18 Jul 19 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin mummy (Post 13962785)
I’m lucky in that we have private healthcare as my weight is too high for ‘none urgent’ operations on the NHS.

Good luck xx