theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Disneyland Forward News? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1200161)

mikeishere 24 Jul 21 03:07 PM

Disneyland Forward News?

I’m not sure if I’ve posted this in the correct place.

When are we likely to hear further news on ‘Disneyland Forward’ to expansion in L.A? I’ve looked on the internet and the Disney Forward website but been no news since the announcement. Im not up on knowing about council approvals etc in USA so I don’t know if it’s a slow process etc?

loldis 24 Jul 21 06:43 PM

Years.

Disneyland has always had issues with the City of Anaheim getting approvals for work. A significant expansion like this will take forever just in approvals. It's definitely a long game project, total time will probably be decades.

Ils 24 Jul 21 09:29 PM

Agreed.

There is no guarantee this will ever happen and was just a prime opportunity for Disneyland to remind the city that they need Disney to help reduce the debt level and generate additional revenue for the area.

I hope it does happen but the likelihood anything major happening before the end of this decade, all depends on how well Anaheim recovers after the Pandemic.

mikeishere 24 Jul 21 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loldis (Post 15070199)
Years.

Disneyland has always had issues with the City of Anaheim getting approvals for work. A significant expansion like this will take forever just in approvals. It's definitely a long game project, total time will probably be decades.

Why are the city of Anaheim so difficult with Disney? Surely the city of Anaheim see how much revenue it brings to the area and understand the success of the Walt Disney company that the region couldn’t live the same way without a Disney park?

You just have to look at what Anaheim was before Walt Disney decided to build Disneyland. Why be so difficult just let Disney build more and it will probably increase revenue for the region even more?

KarenG 24 Jul 21 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeishere (Post 15070519)
Why are the city of Anaheim so difficult with Disney? Surely the city of Anaheim see how much revenue it brings to the area and understand the success of the Walt Disney company that the region couldn’t live the same way without a Disney park?

You just have to look at what Anaheim was before Walt Disney decided to build Disneyland. Why be so difficult just let Disney build more and it will probably increase revenue for the region even more?

There are lots of books about this!

To massively oversimplify: “Anaheim” feel Disney took the mick out of them/the area / other businesses and like to make sure they get … value for money. To ensure local residents see the right investment levels etc. That they aren’t favouring the corporate giant and so on.

Obviously the area wouldn’t be what it is today without Disneyland…but it’s been there for well over sixty years so I guess they feel things move on.

mikeishere 24 Jul 21 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 15070546)
There are lots of books about this!

To massively oversimplify: “Anaheim” feel Disney took the mick out of them/the area / other businesses and like to make sure they get … value for money. To ensure local residents see the right investment levels etc. That they aren’t favouring the corporate giant and so on.

Obviously the area wouldn’t be what it is today without Disneyland…but it’s been there for well over sixty years so I guess they feel things move on.

Thanks for this, I might look at some of those books.

KarenG 25 Jul 21 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeishere (Post 15070569)
Thanks for this, I might look at some of those books.

There are many. I find Disney history embarrassingly interesting :blush:

mikeishere 25 Jul 21 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 15070596)
There are many. I find Disney history embarrassingly interesting :blush:

It’s definitely not embarrassing I love it too!